Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rachael Reeve

can anyone tell me what it's like in Fairview?

Guest Rachael Reeve

Can anyone tell me what its like in Fairview? We are coming over in March and have got a rental there. I am hoping its nice:smile: Are there things to do there?

Lovely area, loads to do, great little local primary school (friend's husband is a teacher there :biggrin:), good choice of high schools, really handy for Tea Tree Plaza shopping centre, and library, good soccer club if any of your kids are into that, one of the best 'English' pubs very locally (Fox n Firkin), fantastic outdoor swimming pool complex nearby (at Ridgehaven), good transport links, ummm...anything else? It's one of the places we had at the top of our list when we first looked round, but couldn't find any good rentals available at the time.

Guest Rachael Reeve

Thank you for that, looks like we are going to have a busy time.

Modbury is close by - but Fairview Park is very slightly to the east of Modbury, on the edge of the hills. You've also got a suburb nearby called Tea Tree Gully, and the whole council area (which includes Modbury, Fairview Park, Tea Tree Gully, Highbury, Hope Valley, Vista etc) is called the Tea Tree Gully council area. This is a good site which lists clubs and stuff in the area: http://www.northeast.net.au/

Guest ozdreamsa

Thank you Diane. This is such a sweet problem as there are so many good suburbs in Adelaide. Cannot be in two places at the same time