Rachiegarlo

Your first aussie christmas... How did it go?

Christmas eve tea out then down to the beach at Moana great sunset a quick swim and kick the ball around.

Christmas day up at 6.30 , 7.30 the room floor had vanished beneath wrapping paper 10.30 Lauren had us down the beach again to check out her new surf board.

We had a picnic down there for dinner then back home around 2.30 to put the roast pork and full mashings on.

So far very relaxed no one planning our days or throwing tantrums for not spending our day with them.

All in all I have loved every minute.

Hope everyone else has enjoyed Chrimbo so far.

Guest The Dimmocks

Christmas Eve spent at a park with friends Santa came and gave kids presents then spent afternoon on the beach. Christmas Day morning opening presents, my mom cooked christmas dinner and then lazy afternoon. I off to work at 7.30 so no drinking for me today :-(

Carol concert at Blackwood with 2000 others - helped to heat, sugar and serve 1500 donuts in temperatures of over 40 (under an awning with electric hot cuboards on!) last night having spent the earlier part of the day unpacking the final 50 boxes of our shipment which arrived thursday.Christmas Day with the family, opening presses, eating and drinking - prawns & avo salad, roast turkey and all the trimmings, fresh fruit Pav and Christmas pudding and brandy custard, cheese board. All eaten outside with crackers, bad jokes and hats. Was going to have a dip in the pool but it RAINED - at least the temperature is more comfortable now. Home having a short break before going off to a party with friends - more nibbles and drink.Next 3 days ???? doing as little as possible and sleeping!

Guest leeannekays

Can't wait to come out. Fed up trying to please all my family and being given the silent treatment. We can please ourself next year yippy!!!

Hi leeannnekays believe me you will never please all your family members as I found out when we decided to move out!!!!!. My sister has nothing to do with me now others still funny. Great to just please self you will love it.

Good luck with move.

Tracy

Guest bidsandrew

Christmas eve - BBQ with friends

Christmas day - BBQ down the beach with friends

Boxing day - nothing but playing with all our new toys, still in PJ's at 1pm - probably wont get out of them at all!

All in all a very different Christmas and missed family terribly but had a really great first Christmas in Oz!

Guest Barney Rubble

Love hearing about the no stress approach, both new and old, welcome and enjoy :xmas16:

Guest steveygee

Christmas eve just had a chilled one. But Xmas day.... Loved it! Started drinking roadies at about 11, fired up the Weber, sat drinking outside in the sun till about 6... Carved up the meat, ate a shedload, pressies, dessert then I was spent!!

Guest Jennet
    Hi leeannnekays believe me you will never please all your family members as I found out when we decided to move out!!!!!. My sister has nothing to do with me now others still funny. Great to just please self you will love it.

Good luck with move.

Tracy

its only jealousy

Guest Jennet
    Christmas eve just had a chilled one. But Xmas day.... Loved it! Started drinking roadies at about 11, fired up the Weber, sat drinking outside in the sun till about 6... Carved up the meat, ate a shedload, pressies, dessert then I was spent!!

you only live once so you might aswell enjoy as much as possible

Guest ladyarkles

Christmas Eve: Midnight Mass followed by mince pies at home

Christmas Day: Opened pressies and then popped over to the beach for a swim.

Had a fry up and watched "Australia" (cried like a baby)

Hubby cooked dinner, ate that and digested it for a few hours.

Back to beach for last knockings of daylight, short paddle.

Skyped the family.

Wine O'clock

Bed

Superbly laid back and stress free. :xmas10:

Had a picnic on the beach Christmas Eve watching the sunset. Worked from 1.30pm to 10.30pm Christmas day......a very easy going and relaxed shift.

Guest Jennet
    went to friends Turkey, beef and all the trimmings for lunch , and for Tea 14 pound Snapper on the barbie, lobster,oyster,squid,prawns and crab.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4022[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4023[/ATTACH]

Now thats what i call xmas day in style

Guest lyn

Lovin' the sound of the Aussie-style Christmas! Can't wait for our first Aussie Christmas next year!!!! :)

Guest Alun Huxley Jones

reading all these comments is making me so excited. I'l be moving out there in February time with my girlfriend and son, I really can't wait now folks :-) get in there