Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest5035

happy stray dog

Awwww. Her story has a happy ending. Turns out she was pregnant also and had 3 puppies. All are doing well now.

And alas yes, the rescues will soon have lots more like her finding their way to them :(((((

It makes me happy when an animal finds a forever-home BUT it annoys me greatly and hurts my heart when people treat animals as such expendable 'items'...you know, the 'want one, buy one, too much trouble so dump 'em' attitude.

And although most of us can't help by re-homing, we can contribute by buying a tin of food, collecting blankets, etc and putting them in one of the collection bins around. For example at some pet shops? They have them at that fab pet food store on Sunnymede Rd, Aberfoyle Park for sure.

I'm sure there are other ways to help too. Just do something :wubclub:

LC

Guest Guest5035
    It makes me happy when an animal finds a forever-home BUT it annoys me greatly and hurts my heart when people treat animals as such expendable 'items'...you know, the 'want one, buy one, too much trouble so dump 'em' attitude.

And although most of us can't help by re-homing, we can contribute by buying a tin of food, collecting blankets, etc and putting them in one of the collection bins around. For example at some pet shops? They have them at that fab pet food store on Sunnymede Rd, Aberfoyle Park for sure.

I'm sure there are other ways to help too. Just do something :wubclub:

LC

we take a tray of tinned food to the AWL every month, i could walk out with one dog every month too, but after my springer passed away a few years ago i cannot replace him.

If i had my way, every pet shop that sold dogs should be stopped from doing so, people walk by, and decide to buy there and then without thinking, then a few months down the track they end up in the rspca or awl as a stray.

If someone wants a dog try the AWL or Rspca first, they have some great dogs. Another thing that i think should be stopped are the "designer dogs"

Remember its very rare for it to be a bad dog, but vey well to be a bad owner....

stevo