Guest guest1255

parking glenelg

Guest guest1255

hi

does anyone know how the parking is in glenelg on new yrs eve...I heard jetty rd is closed off...is that right ?!?!:unsure:

tess xx

Guest Guest5035

the whole centre of glenelg will be closed off tonight, mostly by drunk teenagers....

stevo

the whole centre of glenelg will be closed off tonight, mostly by drunk teenagers....

stevo

Unfortunately I think Stevo may be right. I went a few years ago and parked down Glenelg South area and there were quite a few young uns on their skateboard who were obviously drunk and quite abusive to people if they didn't get out of their way. Spoiled it for me. Semaphore beach used to be good - a large crowd and think one year they had fireworks. Good family event. We sat on the beach and enjoyed the fireworks and the crowd were just enjoying the evening.

Guest Guest5035
    thanx we might just grab a cab xx

hire it for the night, after midnight they'll be like gold..

stevo

Guest willfam

Taxis will be as rare as hens teeth tonight, expect to wait in a queue for a few hours waiting for one. The last time we went to the Bay for NYE we waited for 2 hours and with tonight being so warm there will be huge crowds.

Guest guest1255

hmmmm maybe a walk to the car dosent sound like such a bad idea now:err:

We've been down the Bay for a few years and always found a park so don't give up hope lol!

We usually drive down one of the roads before you get to Jetty Road, such as Pier Street or even as far back as the school, then drive along and down until we find one. Easy as! We normally seem to end up near Seawall Villas (? The place with the huge 'shark' mouth!) so it is a bit of a walk but it's a pleasant walk.

If you get in early enough apparently -and I've no personal experience of this- it is possible to get a park in the Woolies/Coles car parks. Maybe even easier now there's that huge multi-storey thing :)

This year we shall be at home with mates.....and leave the Bay to the teenagers!*

Have a good one!

LC

* the Bay is for everyone, it's just that this year my kids will be among those kids who wait to be old enough to go without parents! (and I will worry all night)

We were down at Brighton last night from 6.30 - 8.30 for a picnic, walk and swim and parking was a nightmare even then - goodness what it will be like tonight!

Parked way down, nearer Seacliff

Guest Barney Rubble
    We were down at Brighton last night from 6.30 - 8.30 for a picnic, walk and swim and parking was a nightmare even then - goodness what it will be like tonight!

Parked way down, nearer Seacliff

Went to semaphore last night, packed (by Australian Standards. Kept the dog on the lead even after 8pm.

Reckon plan well and if your not drinking then walking a few Km's 'aint that bad or on the tram route sounds better.

think it is usually free public transport after midnight but have not heard it advertised this year.

Guest Mandy6934

the Adelaide metro website has a map with all the road closures on, looks like they are offering free transport as well, although think i would rather take my chances walking from the car!

I'm hoping it will be a good night, although Henley last night sounds the same as Brighton was and I have never seen the beach in such a state it looked like what you would find in the some places in the UK not here. You would think there were no bins in sight, awful!

Guest guest1255

thanx every1...got parked down a side street ....an hour and a half to get home:mad:...going to get wellied now. all the best for 2012 folks xxx