Guest Maxm

South Australian Ambulance Service

Guest Maxm

Hi guys. May I ask does anyone out there work for SAAS or know someone that does?

My family and I are emmigrating later this year. I am trying to contact them to talk about employment as a paramedic but I never get any replies! I am a UK paramedic and require employment when I arrive on my husbands PR visa which has been granted!

Please help!!!

Hi guys. May I ask does anyone out there work for SAAS or know someone that does?

My family and I are emmigrating later this year. I am trying to contact them to talk about employment as a paramedic but I never get any replies! I am a UK paramedic and require employment when I arrive on my husbands PR visa which has been granted!

Please help!!!

Hi,

From I have heard that most paramedics here are qualified nurses. This may not be the case, but I do know people studying to be nurses so they can become paramedics.

This may not be the case, but I have heard this many times but someone else maybe able to give first hand experience.

Cooler

Guest loopylisa

I dont think most paramedicshere in SA are nurses per se. My partners brother in law has recently completed a BSc in paramedics. This degree has a strong component of nursing and they complete many nurse subjects but they are not nurses. I do know he having alot of trouble finding a job and is doing volunteer work and working part time at BWS(liquor store). Not positive I know but this is the extent of my knowledge. Next time I see him I can ask for more info for you.

Guest Maxm

Hi guys what I am after is email addresses but not the generic enquiries email address!

Hi guys what I am after is email addresses but not the generic enquiries email address!

Hi,

Have you tried ringing? I know the time difference does not help, but it maybe the way to either speak to someone directly or get another email address.

You are quite correct, we did not answer your question - sorry.

Cooler

Pm me your contact details my partner is a paramedic who was employed on previous skills from a UK service.

You can then speak to her, she maybe able to help with questions..

Guest guest9403

We are here 12 weeks now from Ireland and my hubby is a paramedic of 16 yrs....no hope of getting work :-( firstly they have a recruitment ban for one yr and secondly we were then told they are then recruiting from college grads now,16 yrs expierence means nothing...hubby is also a fire-fighter as in ireland you do both so fingers crossed he will manage to get something this yr if not we may have to put our pleas to SA and break our 2 yr sponsership to move state!!!!

Guest Mg1234

Hi. Hope you dont mind me asking. We're in the process of applying for our visas, we're irish also. I know this post is a year old but I'm just wondering if your husband has gotten work as a paramedic? My hubby is also a paramedic and I'm just really wondering are there paramedic positions available now or is the situation still the same.

Guest Mg1234
    We are here 12 weeks now from Ireland and my hubby is a paramedic of 16 yrs....no hope of getting work :-( firstly they have a recruitment ban for one yr and secondly we were then told they are then recruiting from college grads now,16 yrs expierence means nothing...hubby is also a fire-fighter as in ireland you do both so fingers crossed he will manage to get something this yr if not we may have to put our pleas to SA and break our 2 yr sponsership to move state!!!!

Hi. Hope you dont mind me asking. We're in the process of applying for our visas, we're irish also. I know this post is a year old but I'm just wondering if your husband has gotten work as a paramedic? My hubby is also a paramedic and I'm just really wondering are there paramedic positions available now or is the situation still the same.

If you still need a contact let me know.

my partner was a UK paramedic who gained employment on the back of my PR in 2008

she will get you somebody who will reply to your questions.

there is no requirement in SA to train for a nurse first.

they undertake a degree course as interns and then apply for work with SAAS, not enough jobs for the number of applicants.

have you tried other states...?