Guest cliveost

Age limit

Guest cliveost

Hi all.

I have just been lookimg at the DIAC website at the visa options and noticed the age limit for applicants for the 175 and 176 visas is 50 years old but the employer nomination scheme visa 121/856 the age limit is 45 years old.

When did the age limits change as when we first started looking into the application process the age limit was 45 throughout.

:goofy:

Thanks, Clive

Guest cliveost

Thanks, that has made things a little easyer for us then. We wont have to rush to get everything in place before were 45 phew!!!

Guest Heather2011

Just make sure you have enough points though, this also changed and you don't get any points for 45-50.

Hi all.

I have just been lookimg at the DIAC website at the visa options and noticed the age limit for applicants for the 175 and 176 visas is 50 years old but the employer nomination scheme visa 121/856 the age limit is 45 years old.

When did the age limits change as when we first started looking into the application process the age limit was 45 throughout.

:goofy:

Thanks, Clive

RSMS and ENS do specify an age limit of 45 but exceptional circumstances on age can be accommodated. Its also worth noting that RSMS is CAT1, from job offer to visa grant for me was approximately 7 months.

Guest cliveost

Thanks for the help.

I have taken a look at thedifferent visa options and an employer sponsored one would probably be the best one for us. My wife is a nurse and has to pass the IELTS test and then get her skills assesment done which all takes time. when would you recomend applying for jobs. Now or once the skills assesment is done, also how do you go about getting an employer to sponsor you.

Thanks, Clive

Thanks for the help.

I have taken a look at thedifferent visa options and an employer sponsored one would probably be the best one for us. My wife is a nurse and has to pass the IELTS test and then get her skills assesment done which all takes time. when would you recomend applying for jobs. Now or once the skills assesment is done, also how do you go about getting an employer to sponsor you.

Thanks, Clive

Not too sure how it works for nurses etc...

I took the IELTS and got my skills assesed by Engineers Australia as my inital plan was to apply through the skilled route.

I was however lucky enough to obtain a sponsorship, for the RSMS i didnt actually need the skills assesment or the IELTS, not sure if this would apply to your ENS but they are very similar visa's.

I was offered a job from a company back in Jan 2009 which i had turned down. It was by sheer chance that they approached me again in March 2011 which is how I managed to get my sponsorship (after starting down the skilled route).

I did originally send an email to the company way back in Jan 2009, it was a basic email outlining my current role and that i was hoping to make the move at some point in the future. I didnt ask to be considered for a job but simply asked about whether someone with my experience and role would be able to sucessfully find work within their sector which started the ball rolling.