Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Standrings

Work Tools

Guest The Standrings

Hi

we are just in the process of packing up for the shippers and my OH is sorting out his work tools. Just a quick question how clean do they actually need to be?? He has wiped them all down, sprayed with WD40 and cleaned with a wire brush but some of dirt still ground in and some rust still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Emma

Guest edd209

Hi, I spent three days doing the same with mine so can definitely sympathise!

So I have been told that should be fine they aren't that strict on that side of things. They are mainly focusing on outdoor tools ie, garden tools or anything used or kept outside.

I did the same with the good old wd40 beige there going by sea although I should imagine the containers are pretty well sealed.

All the best of luck & happy new year to you guys!

B-)

Guest The Standrings

Hi

Thanks for that, we thought as much but just wanted to be safe rather than sorry! Although i think Darren is well and truly cleaned out ha, they have never been so spotless!!

OUtdoor equipment next, bring on that Jeyes Fluid! Thanks!

Happy New Year too!

Thanks

Emma

Guest Damien

Just don't bring anything 110V, doesn't exist over here. I did the same as you, cleaned everything, WD40 etc but took my trowel in my hand luggage. Was good to me for a year but now with the new job is looking a bit neglected!