Sign in to follow this  
Guest stuarty boy

new to forum stuart and lee armour from johnstone scotland

Guest stuarty boy

hi everyone just received our visas in November hoping to be living in Mawson lakes by august 2012, currently looking for employment as a carpenter , passed all vetassess exams also looking for info on schools for my 9yr old son and 14yr old daughter my youngest will be 3 by the time we go so need some info on play groups in area ,would be grateful for any help and information lots to do and so little time. Thanks Stuartyboy

Guest shella_n

Hi

I've lived in Mawson lakes since July 2010, it's a lovely area. Small 3 bed rentals start at around $350 if you need a decent sized 4 bedroom expect to pay $470 per week (or more).

The kindy there ( which kids can start when 4) is really good but totally over subscribed - I've seen many many people turned away as there are no spaces but there are others nearby. The school is ok. Where were you think g of your 14 year old going? My friends with older kids say the local high schools are no good, unless you can afford Endeavour in ML which is about $6k a year.

There are some other really good areas in the north you can look at too - Golden Grove etc. If you have any questions on MK please feel free to pm me.

Best wishes

Michelle