Guest Ryan T. Lion

Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!! Darned mobile recharge $$$

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Just did a $29 recharge with my registered bank card.... Checked my bank account online and $29 has disappeared TWICE.

Just spoke to a lovely Indian gentleman (maybe Sri Lanka, dunno) who can action the refund if I send him a copy of my bank statement and an email containing my full credit card number and expiry date (the last 4 numbers isn't enough, even though the card is ALREADY registered on their systems).......

Then I can expect a refund within 3 days.

I mean bloody hell. Is that not a bit OTT for $29 of thin air????

I hate:

-Call centres

-Computers that try to understand you

-PAYG mobile plans (especially here in Oz)

-Celebrities everywhere

But I quite like:

-When Yoda lifts the X-wing from the swamp

-BBQ'd turkey

-Farah slacks

-Ben Stiller

That is all.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-34.923914,138.601899

You want to switch to Amaysim Ryan. I switched my wife over to them last year and they have been great. You get to keep your existing number, the calls are very cheap (no flagfall), they use the Optus network (so coverage is good) and best of all - THE CREDIT DOESN'T RUN OUT AT THE END OF THE MONTH!!

You can get the sim cards from most retailers like BIG W etc and just go on their website and register and request that your existing number be transferred and a couple of days later, you're sorted.

BTW, I don't work for them or have any association with them.

Regards,

Howard.

Forgot to mention that my wife lost her phone just before Christmas and they sent out a new sim (same number) and transferred all the funds across to the new sim:smile:

Guest Guest5035
    Just did a $29 recharge with my registered bank card.... Checked my bank account online and $29 has disappeared TWICE.

Just spoke to a lovely Indian gentleman (maybe Sri Lanka, dunno) who can action the refund if I send him a copy of my bank statement and an email containing my full credit card number and expiry date (the last 4 numbers isn't enough,

was that a wise move, credit card and bank statement??:huh:

stevo

Guest bigal

I think you're having a laugh mate. Anybody who even considers giving out these details shouldn't have a credit card.SCAM.

I think you're having a laugh mate. Anybody who even considers giving out these details shouldn't have a credit card.SCAM.

Just a suggestion, as I think you should still be allowed a credit card as you never actually send you were sending these items.... How about go to a representative shop here and showing them your statement. Cover the rest of your details. This should be enough to prove to them that they are in the wrong..... Good luck...

Also I have been on Virgin for the last 10 months and I regularly phone the UK, mobile numbers and all and I have never paid over the $29/month charge...

Guest Adelaide_bound
    You want to switch to Amaysim Ryan. I switched my wife over to them last year

...a PAYG wife?! What will they think of next :biglaugh:

(And it totally rocks when Yoda lifts the X-Wing. He rocks harder than Granite....)

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Yeah - I'm not gonna fax anything to them. Notice how I haven't mentioned which carrier this is with? That's because I don't want to be found face down in a canal.

Honestly - you try to make your way in this world........

Poor Ryan.

I will try that other company they sound good.

Cheers!

Guest tinkham_lee

go to your bank/credit card provider, they should be able to issue the refund.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Just got an amaysim SIM for my parents (pronounced as a play on 'amazing')

Gotta say they're dead good.

Gonna port my wife and me over to them too.

Guest gymnast11

well i can honestly say that in phone and internet network here is a complete joke, first arrived 28th nov got a dongle used the thing within one day, got a sim 50 dollars didnt last 24 hours another sim 30 dollars didnt last 24 hours go on contract 30 dollars a month first month great second bill has just come 503.00 dollars just dont understand there system at all we have used the internet and this is what it is using but omg what a joke england simplifies it much better i am at the end of patience now, this is the only thing i hate about this country so not to bad, getting adam fitted next week so hey maybe a turn around fingers crossed x x x

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Adam Internet are pretty good, we got their 'Naked DSL' (broadband without phone line rental) for $50/mth capped at 20gb. 12 mth contract.

I hate mobile carriers here too - crap signal - no free minutes (just $350 worth of calls) ?!?!?! yep they're about 10yrs behind the UK at least.

Can't believe you got a $500 bill - that's huge.

Guest BrianS

On the flip side I've had my contract phone for 3 months use it most days for work ( tax time benefits) use the Internet on it most days call the uk every week and send untold amount of texts to people and it never goes over the 59 a month. Tips are don't go on Telstra unless you live in the bush, check call rates, don't use mobile broad band to download stuff. Also 6 - 8 pm always seems a slow time.

Guest BrianS

That too, and the 0898 ones, costs even more from here to the uk ;)