we are a family of 5 living in south yorkshire "sheffield" and

now seriously want to relocate to oz, adelaide. we recently

visited an agent/consultant, who to be honest sounded great

but their fee's alone exceeded 4k!!!

is it advisable to utilise the services of an agent and if so at

what cost? I am a plumber and gas engineer and will be

applying for a skilled migrant visa.

thanking you all in anticipation!

ps this is all new to me.......blogs, threads etc etc!

Guest pixie7

Welcome! Personally there is no way I would spend ££££ on an agent- each to there own but if you know which visa (176/175 ETC) and how to get it (skills assessment/IELTS/State sponsorship/Eligibility) then why not do it yourself? It just a few form?? We did it as did lots of people on here- did the agent give you any info on the steps you need to take? Have you checked out

www.immi.gov.au/ ?

Dont forget to use the search option on here and PIO for any questions- or just ask :biggrin:

we are a family of 5 living in south yorkshire "sheffield" and

now seriously want to relocate to oz, adelaide. we recently

visited an agent/consultant, who to be honest sounded great

but their fee's alone exceeded 4k!!!

is it advisable to utilise the services of an agent and if so at

what cost? I am a plumber and gas engineer and will be

applying for a skilled migrant visa.

thanking you all in anticipation!

ps this is all new to me.......blogs, threads etc etc!

Guest bishvegas

Hi. We got our Visas last year and also used a migration agent. Their fees were around £1800 then we had the added costs of the medicals, Visa fee and skills test. The migration agent we used was Ian Harrop and Associates and I can honestly say they were worth every penny. We are off to validate our Visas in 5 weeks so one step closer to realising our dream. Just need to sell our house now which has proved to be the hardest part of the whole process! Good luck with your plans.

Guest loublack

would have to say if you have a straightforward case, (your skills are in demand, no legal problems with taking kids out of country etc) then start with the iimi.gov.au site wizard and fill in the application yourself. there is loads of help there and on here if you get stuck, but apart from the boring collating of the info required i found it relatively easy. i know the visa process has changed since we got ours but i imagine the information required will be roughly the same, and the beauty of the online application is that you can save the information as you go along so i did so much, stopped to get the info required, then went back and inputted that, did a bit more etc.

Good luck whichever route you take, and enjoy the ride!