Got the Visa!

Guest suejohndan

Guest suejohndan

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to tell you all that we got the call from our agent telling us the news. I dont know why but I burst out crying. ( Must of been the excitment). Is this normal.:unsure:

All going well with the sale of the house we should be out there by August.:D

I'm going to phone all our friends and family now to break the news to them.

Sue

;)

Guest Richard & Amanda

Congratulations,

it must be the excitement of it all.

since we got our visa last Tuesday I have been quite tearful watching "wanted down under" don't ask me why I have no logical explanation for it.

Some of the episodes last week I watched from the gym on the treadmill (subtitles) and had to wipe away a tear. Wot is going on, I'm not usually an emotional person.

Unless its cos I know my time for saying "farewell" to the UK is getting ever closer;)

Guest Tracijbc

Oh don't worry, the rollercoater of emotions is completely normal and anyone who says they aren't a bit sad to leave the UK is a liar. Waiting for the visa is the easy bit, it's once you have it that the real FUN begins!!

I even shed a tear just after Xmas when we drove past the sign on the M5 for Glastonbury and I realised I would never go to the festival again. I have worked there for the last 11 years and it made me too sad for words to think I was never going to splosh around in the mud and see all my mates again.

We have both gone into meltdown at some point since we got the visa and we seem to take it turns to panic and get stressed.

At the moment, we just keep focussing on the positives and the great new life we are hoping for....after another double shooting in Nottingham this weekend, it kind of makes sense to get out! :huh:

Traci xx

Guest suejohndan

Hi Pete,

The visa is a 136. We started the process in April with the TRA, then in Visa application in July, Meds and police checks November but the police checks didnt come back untill 3rd Jan this year sent straight to agent who Fedex'ed them the next day.

Thanks for all the messages

Sue

Hi Pete,

The visa is a 136.

Well done again. Its good to see they are working their way through them all. When you get there warm the barbie up we (hopefully) won't be far behind you.:skeptical:

Pete

Guest The Lengtons

Hi

Congrats on getting your visa's, what you are experiencing is normal, ours came through at the beginning of the month by e-mail from the australian embassy, and before I could open the email had to make a cuppa, eventually opened it, read it twice and cried. Have had a few tears since with close friend, told relatives at the weekend that we have a date in mind and managed not to cry. Now planning on booking tickets, and a big leaving party. So plenty of tears to come.

Good luck with the planning