Guest Claire-n-tel

119 visa questions

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help? I am applying for a 119 visa (regional) we are currently in Australia but not on one of the qualifying visas (on bridging visa A) so will apply and if granted will leave and come back.

My husband is currently in Australia with me but needs to travel to India (we are English) for work, he is a free lance photographer, he will be gone for somewhere between 2 and maybe 8 months, so my question is what do we do about him on the visa? Can I put him into the application even though he won't be here at the time, then will he have to travel to re enter Australia at the same time as me or at a particular time? OR do we not put him on at all and then apply for a spouse visa or something else at a later date?

I am aware that we can change to a reentry bridging visa but this would only allow him to be gone for 3 months, prob not long enough.

Anyone have any idea?

Cheers Claire-n-Tel

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help? I am applying for a 119 visa (regional) we are currently in Australia but not on one of the qualifying visas (on bridging visa A) so will apply and if granted will leave and come back.

My husband is currently in Australia with me but needs to travel to India (we are English) for work, he is a free lance photographer, he will be gone for somewhere between 2 and maybe 8 months, so my question is what do we do about him on the visa? Can I put him into the application even though he won't be here at the time, then will he have to travel to re enter Australia at the same time as me or at a particular time? OR do we not put him on at all and then apply for a spouse visa or something else at a later date?

I am aware that we can change to a reentry bridging visa but this would only allow him to be gone for 3 months, prob not long enough.

Anyone have any idea?

Cheers Claire-n-Tel

Hi Claire

"wrussell" is Westly Russell, who is an experienced and capable Registered Migration Agent. His website is here:

http://www.pinoyau.com/

If you apply for an offshore sc 119 visa, it wouldn't matter where you are or Tel is at the time when the application is lodged but you would both need to be outside Australia at the time when the visa is granted.

With regard to the possibility of a Bridging Visa B for Tel, the length of time permitted outside Australia varies according to the relevant facts. DIAC won't grant a BVB for an indefinite period outside Oz but I've heard of them granting BVBs that permit an absence of 12 months at a stretch. It is very much a question of making sure that someone senior within DIAC understands the relevant facts. So it depends on why you are on a BVA and so forth.

It sounds like you would be the main applicant for the sc 119?

Cheers

Gill

Guest Claire-n-tel

Hi Gill!

Thanks! I think we have decided the way to go! We are just going to apply for the 119 , Tel will possibly be in India already by then, but actually doesnt matter where we both are, when we get the visa grant I will probably fly to KL and meet him there, have a bit of a holiday and then either both of us fly back to Oz and validate, or just I will fly back, Tel will go back to India and fly in at a later date to validate. I guess it depends on how long it all takes, how his work is going, how much flights are from India and how much time we are allowed to validate?! Oooh, I'm just thinking I guess Tel will have to have a medical done, I wonder if he should get it before he leaves?.... Oh well theres yet another question!!

Cheers Claire and Tel

Hi Gill!

Thanks! I think we have decided the way to go! We are just going to apply for the 119 , Tel will possibly be in India already by then, but actually doesnt matter where we both are, when we get the visa grant I will probably fly to KL and meet him there, have a bit of a holiday and then either both of us fly back to Oz and validate, or just I will fly back, Tel will go back to India and fly in at a later date to validate. I guess it depends on how long it all takes, how his work is going, how much flights are from India and how much time we are allowed to validate?! Oooh, I'm just thinking I guess Tel will have to have a medical done, I wonder if he should get it before he leaves?.... Oh well theres yet another question!!

Cheers Claire and Tel

Did you take advice about decision ready applications?

Guest Claire-n-tel

Wrussell my medical is complicated and decision ready app would not be appropriate for us.

Cheers Claire & Tel