sueoc

New Wanted Down Under.

Hi,

There's a new series on now,first two episodes are already on UKNova.Interesting veiwing for us all i think.:biggrin:

I caught one the other day on iPlayer. The family seemed to have their heads screwed on and did their sums ok and were pretty up with how things worked over there and so on. I started to watch another one but found the family appearing in it grated on me for some reason so I turned it off.

I usually watch for seeing inside the houses and the locations. I don't hold much in the rest of it. I don't like the whole heartstring tugging with the videos from family or the trying out jobs etc. The families are only there a week and I honestly don't think you can gauge from a week spent in front of TV cameras in pre arranged situations if its really the place for you.

I am not sure they are airing any from Adelaide this time round. So far its been Perth and Brisbane iirc. Neither place really appeals to me other than to visit for a holiday. I'd love to see one family choose to go really rural/outback also. But as most people want to be near one of the cities or the coast I doubt it'll happen.

Guest Adelaide_bound

I prefer the new format where they faff about with the 'which option will they chose' when they don't get a choice etc, straight down into it. Much like Snifter we watch for the houses, house prices (which seem to be pretty amazing in our eyes!) and background shots - ie what people are wearing, if we can spy any prices in shops, adverts around and so on....

The rest of it we're not interested in at all - I don't really get why anyone else would be either - the whole family heartstrings vid thing - surely that is only of interest to the family taking part? To have a whole segment on it, which is exactly the same every single episode is yawnsville, and we fast forward that bit to get to whether they think they will go or not at the end - purely for stupid reasons of if we have liked the people or not and where they are planning to go so we know to stay away if they are a truely awful family lol (oh, how harsh!). Even with editing though, some people just aren't everyone's cup of tea I guess, equally some people seem really really lovely, and in our eyes its interesting where both types of people want to settle, as they gives an indication to us of that sort of area and if it would be for us or not as well - ie if we really can't stand all the people that are attracted to Brisbane, it says to us that Brisbane might not be for us...if we really like all the people that are attracted to perth, then maybe we may like Perth. Obviously, not very scientific and not something to base anything concrete on, but something to influence when we are travelling around, to go to those places to see if we do/don't like them etc.

Anyway, its just nice to see Oz on the box in any form really and get all excited about going - on a similar note we watched a wildlife programme the other day on BBC fronted by Chris Packham about weird natural things, and lots of them were from Oz - some not very nice at all (mouse plagues and so on) but it was still nice just to see the country lol.

Guest railman2404

Some of the house prices have been reasonable and love the idea they show what you can afford and how much what you want will really cost.

adding up the sums is also good to get an idea of monthly budgets.

on top of that sad I know but bargain hunt has been from Australia this week

Guest Rachael Reeve

only watched two, i think they show you more on what it is really like.