Guest cliveost

Documents for ANMC

Guest cliveost

Hi all.

My wife is re-sitting her IELTS test in Feb 2012 as it is part of the skills assesment process for nurses. On the ANMC website it states that the results must be sent directly from the testing centre and results sent by the applicant will not be accepted. I have looked on the ANMC website and can only find a PO box address.

Does anyone remember the address they had the documents sent to?

Thanks, Clive

Guest RobJ1978

Hi,

Here is the address i used : Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council, Level 3 Empire Chambers, 1-13 University Avenue, Canberra City, ACT 2601.

Hope this helps...and good luck with the ILETS!!!

Nic.x.

Hi all.

My wife is re-sitting her IELTS test in Feb 2012 as it is part of the skills assesment process for nurses. On the ANMC website it states that the results must be sent directly from the testing centre and results sent by the applicant will not be accepted. I have looked on the ANMC website and can only find a PO box address.

Thanks, Clive

Hi Clive

I meant to answer your thread the other day about whether a Nurse could get employer-sponsorship.

The answer - most emphatically - is "Yes." Most of the hospitals will sponsor Nurses themselves (and their HR Departments know exactly how to do it.) There are also loads of nursing Agencies that recruit internationally. Again, they know exactly how to do it.

Employer-sponsorship is usually much more successful with Nurses than with any other group of workers because even if the Nurse decides that she loathes the first employer, another employer os usually only too eager to snap her up. Many of the Nurses who now have PR in Oz got in via employer-sponsorship originally and several say that they don't understand why a Nurse would want to bother with GSM migration instead.

Have a look on the British Expats forum. Somewhere on there, I've seen a section devoted to Nursing in Australia and that is a good place to look for the names of Agencies, hospitals etc. I've heard of Ramsey or Ramsay Health but there are hundreds of others besides.

What sort of Nursing does your wife do, please?

I'm sorry to butt in on your new thread instead of answering your old one but I think it is worth reassuring you that it probably won't matter too much if the timing becomes too tight on the GSM visa route.

Cheers

Gill

Guest cliveost

Hi Gill

Thanks for the info. My wife is currently a ward manager on an Acute Medical ward. She has worked mainly on Acute Medical and Paliative Care Wards. I think she would prefer not to work for an Agency if poss. I will take a look at the forum and see what i can find out.

Thanks Clive

Hi Gill

Thanks for the info. My wife is currently a ward manager on an Acute Medical ward. She has worked mainly on Acute Medical and Paliative Care Wards. I think she would prefer not to work for an Agency if poss. I will take a look at the forum and see what i can find out.

Thanks Clive

Hi Clive

http://www.vacancies.sa.gov.au/NOVPUblic/asp/public/VacancySearch.aspx

A friend of mine is a Medical Administrator. When she first reached Adelaide about 6 months ago, SA Health told her categorically that they would only appoint people for SA Health vacancies if the successful candidate was already an employee of SA Health.

She and I ignored that statement because in practice almost all of the State health authorities will appoint outsiders to their fixed term positions. Sure enough, in Nov 2011 my friend started a fixed term job with.... SA Health! In the UK, the whole of her carerr had been spent with the DHSS and then the MOD so I was relieved when she found another Public Service job in Adelaide CBD.

The State health people are usually desperate for experienced Registered Nurses who can speak fluent English and being UK-trained is an asset. The State govt authorities would normally only consider a sc 457 Temporary visa to begin with - but that can be negotiable depending on the location of the proposed workplace.

Do you two particularly want to be in or close to Adelaide or would you be prepared to consider other parts of SA? Also, do you have any children? If ues, how old are they, please?

I don't know anything much about the private hospitals around Adelaide but most of the private hospotals in Oz are also geared up to recruit new immigrants on emplouer-sponsored visas. The link below might help a little:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Australia

Cheers

Gill

Guest cliveost

Hi Gill

Thanks for some mor usefull info the links were interesting.

We have not looked into anywhere too far out of Adelaide and would prefer to be not too far from the coast but we heve not ruled anywhere out yet. I imagine the further out you go the fewer jobs or oppertunities there will be.

There will just be the 2 of us initially.

Thanks, Clive

Hi all.

Thanks, Clive

Hi Clive,

I sent mine to PO box in Canberra, it does say on the last page of 'Skills assessment guidelines'. Good luck