Growler

Anyone have more than 2 cats and recieved a permit to keep them???

Hi were coming over with 4 cats and have just been advised that all the individual councils are bringing in permits for anyone with more than 2 cats. We are worried that if we bring them over we may get refused and then have the decision of rehoming if possible 2 of them. Anyone know of someone who sucessfully applied and recieved a permit your help would be appreciated....

I think it really depends on the area you choose to live in. So perhaps do some research into possible areas first and find ones that allow more than 2 cats. Be it with or without a permit. I think then you'd not have to worry overly.

Also look into seeing if it could be something similar to some dog permits in that its the person registering them, not the property itself. So its 2 per person, so if 2 people living in a house, could potentially have 4. Although I don't know if this is standard, I know others have talked about this being possible in the past for dogs.

Some areas do have cat curfews as I understand it, some 24/7 so they have to stay on your property at all times, some at night and so on. There is cat fencing of some sort people buy to keep cats within the confines of their own garden.

Hi thanks Snifter, I have done research and contacted the councils themselves but they are so VAGUE!!!! its so frustrating. No one will say if you do this, this, this, then generally it should be okay. Also there are new rules coming in but theyre unsure as to what they are! ahhh ...

Guest Guest5035

you'll find that here, everyone sits on the fence, if its not written in a bye law then they will not say yes or no because of comebacks..

i once went to the local council about a retainer wall 1 metre high, they said 1 metre and above requires a structural design, so i said if its 999mm then i don't require one, they said yes, so i made it 999mm..

stevo

Guest Guest5035

i think 4 cats will be ok, but a neighbour might not, hence the required laws, cats are a grey area at the moment..

stevo

i think 4 cats will be ok, but a neighbour might not, hence the required laws, cats are a grey area at the moment..

stevo

Also if you are planning to rent for a while as most do, consider how a many rentals will be OK with 4 cats. Some do not allow pets at all, but many are OK with one pet, but with four you may meet some resistance.