csobrien1966

How is The South?

Just thought I would share some information with you if you live down South.

Median House Prices

Seaford Rise 2010.........+2.9% and 2011.............-2.8% with 91 sales for the year.

Seaford.......2010.........+8.4% and 2011.............-.1% with 64 sales for the year.

Moana.........2010........-5.3% and 2011..............+7.6% with 50 sales for the year.

All figures are from RP Data

Hi there,

Thanks for this. I am surprised about Moana...is this to do with not having the rail link whilst Seaford will soon have it?

Dare I ask how Port Noarlunga and Christies Beach have fared in these difficult times?

If you have any figures for these suburbs I would really appreciate you posting them on here?

Thanks very much.

Tamara

Check out this site... it has all suburbs and all price movements..

http://www.abelrealty.com.au/_excel/LGAFrames2011_12.htm

I sometimes wouldn't take too much notice of the price movements though on a 1 off basis, only because they work on average house sales, so if an expensive house is sold, it can make a difference to the average. Look at areas like Hallet Cove, some houses sold will be $1M plus, this can massively affect the average, but if in a period no high level houses are sold then it would look like the suburb was less attractive and going backwards.

I feel sorry for estate agents, without any 2 houses being alike how do you value them ? I've seen houses in Morphett Vale with pool, 4 bedrooms, Spa, Fantastic fitted kitchen etc.. looking the biz, being offered for $400K, then round the corner an average 3 bed with small rooms, and basic fittings is sold for $350K. I guess there a logic to house prices but it seems difficult to follow.

Check out this site... it has all suburbs and all price movements..

http://www.abelrealty.com.au/_excel/LGAFrames2011_12.htm

I sometimes wouldn't take too much notice of the price movements though on a 1 off basis, only because they work on average house sales, so if an expensive house is sold, it can make a difference to the average. Look at areas like Hallet Cove, some houses sold will be $1M plus, this can massively affect the average, but if in a period no high level houses are sold then it would look like the suburb was less attractive and going backwards.

I feel sorry for estate agents, without any 2 houses being alike how do you value them ? I've seen houses in Morphett Vale with pool, 4 bedrooms, Spa, Fantastic fitted kitchen etc.. looking the biz, being offered for $400K, then round the corner an average 3 bed with small rooms, and basic fittings is sold for $350K. I guess there a logic to house prices but it seems difficult to follow.

TOTALLY AGREE ROB

Seaford Rise would have only needed say 2 x $450,000 homes actually settle in December and this figure would be a +

TOTALLY AGREE ROB

Seaford Rise would have only needed say 2 x $450,000 homes actually settle in December and this figure would be a +

You are looking at the individual house price as it's median and not mean?

Cheers,

Cooler

You are looking at the individual house price as it's median and not mean?

Cheers,

Cooler

You are spot on.. I was incorrectly looking at the mean...

But the market figures can still be distorted, when i was selling up at Mawson Lakes, there was almost no movement on any house over $500K, but the lower value homes were still trickling along, this would still show a decreased market trend, but doesn't necessarily mean the value has gone down.

You are spot on.. I was incorrectly looking at the mean...

But the market figures can still be distorted, when i was selling up at Mawson Lakes, there was almost no movement on any house over $500K, but the lower value homes were still trickling along, this would still show a decreased market trend, but doesn't necessarily mean the value has gone down.

Funny, the UK use mean and median is used. We live in Sellicks and I guess the house sales are less and median is probably the best average, to use. But, that could easily change if a new development was started.

cheers,

Cooler