Kacymru

A whole year in Oz already - it's flown by, here's the blog to tell you all about it!

Hey ladies and lasses, I hope you're all well. It's been ages since I've been on here, apologies for my absence! I've been busy blogging and trying to figure out how to improve my website (I am definitely not tech savvy, so it's taken a while).

Anyway, for those that are interested in what day-to-day life is like here in Oz, then you can check out my blog.

I've been here a whole year now and so, if you want to find out everything from the start then use this link as it gives all the posts from January 2011 http://kacymru.wordpress.com/2011/01/ (start reading from the bottom upwards).

Most of it is mundane stuff, like going shopping, and the differences I have noticed between here and the UK, there's also plenty of pictures up there too. During my 12 months here I've lived in Adelaide and Whyalla, I've travelled to Darwin, Port Douglas and Melbourne, plus a few places inbetween and I've also tried a whole host of different things including sea kayaking, hotair ballooning, sailing (on a catamaran) and plenty more adventures.

If you're thinking of coming over for just a year (like I originially did on a working holiday visa), or if you're thinking of migrating then check out the blog, it's got plenty of info about stuff to do with kids on there, since I am lucky enough to have my brother, his wife and their two kids (aged 2 and 7) over here.

Feel free to leave comments, give feedback or ask questions either on here, or preferably on one of the mediums below..

www.kacymru.wordpress.com

Twitter: kacymru

Thanks for taking the time to read :-)

Karen

Hi Karen

Loving reading your blog - only, I am very envious!

Enjoyed reading the Port Douglas trip - we are off there in a couple of weeks, so giving me ideas what to do/see

Carry on the good work!!!

Sarahx

Arrrr, thanks Sarah!! You will absolutely LOVE Port Douglas - such an amazing place! If you get chance try and visit the Daintree rainforest and the Tablelands - all gorgeous :-)

Karen x x x x

Great blog - I've enjoyed reading it. Mine's a bit mundane in comparison as it started out as a 'craft' blog with occasional notes and pictures of the family. It was shared by friends only with a limited circulation but it was fun reading back about the Visa process and the last few hectic months as well as all our previous trips to Adelaide before we became RESIDENTS!

If any one is interested PM for a link - perhaps more suitable for the older folks out there as I'm an aged grandparent not a trendy young thing (though I do know how to have a good time!)

Thanks for reading the blog, I'm sure yours is just as interesting (I ramble far too much in mine ha ha), and I bet your family and friends back in the UK love reading your blog :-)

Guest eclare

Thanks for sharing your great blog...not read it all yet but look forward to the rest. It very much reminds me of my first experiences in Australia and why I like the place so much. My last trip was quite a few years back so looking forward to getting off the plane in Melbourne in March and not having to go back this time!

Thanks for reading the blog, I'm sure yours is just as interesting (I ramble far too much in mine ha ha), and I bet your family and friends back in the UK love reading your blog :-)

I'm the Queen of Rambling! Bet I could give you a run for your money.