Growler

how to secure a rental before I arrive?

Just wondering how easy it is to secure a 6 month rental on a house before you arrive? If you could supply all emloyment contracts and references...

Thanks!

Hi Bruce

Its very difficult to secure a long term rental before you arrive in Adelaide......main reason being that theres usually more than one family wanting any decent home. I was amazed when I went to my first 'open-house' to look around - there were loads of other families and you are competing against them all.

sarah

We have just got a long term rental and only arrived on Monday. Put applications in for 2 and got offered both. I guess it depends on where you are looking but there seems a lot available at the moment. We also did a handover pack with a cover letter, bank statement, references, a copy of our house sale estate agents brochure which I think all helps. I wouldn't worry to much.

Chris.

Personally I wouldn't even try unless you have someone to check it out, we looked at some really rough places that looked amazing on the photos. We found it pretty easy to secure a place once we had found one we liked. All the agent wanted was jayne's job offer and a reference from our rental in the UK.

I'd wait till you get there tbh. As has been said, you might end up with a total stinker in the wrong area and be stuck with it for 6 months.

Guest pixie7

Yep I agree with the others- we've been here just over a week and seen 3 properties- 2 were nothing like they looked on the Internet and you really do need to see the area. Put in for one today so hopefully hear tomorrow am. You will be fine.

Guest Helchops

We looked at the migration short term let options and went with 'Warm Welcome at Warradale'. Di and Clem who run the site are lovely people and were extremely helpful in booking us a six month stay.

http://warmwelcome.webs.com/

There is also http://www.adelaidebound.com/ which has loads of links for the type of properties I'm talking about.

I guess the main risk for us is finding work outside of Adelaide (and risking a long commute for a few months) but I'm happy to do anything until we get settled so aren't going to be looking for work far away; plus we already researched Warradale and really liked the look of it!

Plus the other bonus is most of the accommodation will be paid for before we arrive, making those first three months a little easier - and we have accommodation for the little one, which I was getting stressed about!

Just wondering how easy it is to secure a 6 month rental on a house before you arrive? If you could supply all emloyment contracts and references...

Thanks!

Hi we managed to secure a really nice place @ seaford meadows before we left UK , the place is perfect it does depend on how old property is we got one just over 2 yrs old and no probs at all we got intouch with RAINE & HORNE IN MORPHETT VALE... RENTALS PHONE NO (08)8382 88888 We found it better to phone them up we didnt have any trouble at all...