Sign in to follow this  
Guest joseph1801

DIAC Points Test

Guest joseph1801

Hi All,

Having got State Sponsorship I am now starting to have doubts about meeting the required 65 points.

I have 50 points from age (15), English language (20) State Sponsorship (5) 5 years skilled experience (10). I also have a BA (Hons) degree in a subject not related to my nominated skilled occupation, which on the face of it is worth 15 points and takes me to the magic 65.

My question is, do I have to get VETASSESS to verify that my degree is equivalent to an Australian degree either before or during the Visa application?

Also, will I need an academic transcript or will a certified copy of the degree certificate be enough?

Thanks for your help

Guest Heather2011
    Hi All,

Having got State Sponsorship I am now starting to have doubts about meeting the required 65 points.

I have 50 points from age (15), English language (20) State Sponsorship (5) 5 years skilled experience (10). I also have a BA (Hons) degree in a subject not related to my nominated skilled occupation, which on the face of it is worth 15 points and takes me to the magic 65.

My question is, do I have to get VETASSESS to verify that my degree is equivalent to an Australian degree either before or during the Visa application?

Also, will I need an academic transcript or will a certified copy of the degree certificate be enough?

Thanks for your help

Not an expert but i did my VETASSESS first and then SS; it is only valid for 30 days in SA. My VETASSESS took months to come back but things might have changed since then. I had to provide my transcript for my degree, the transcript was on the back of my certificate though so yours may be there also so don't panick!