Sign in to follow this  
Guest mark&rachel

iPhone help

Guest mark&rachel

good morning all

Can anyone help an iPhone phone?

Can I put my songs as a ringtone and if so can u tell me how?

Mark

Guest jadunlop

There is a free app called 'Ringtones'. Download that and it will tell you how to do the rest. You only get around 10 seconds of the song but you can choose where you want it to start and stop.

I'll collect my free coffee after we arrive on the 20th March! lol :biggrin:

Jim

The best way to do it is not use an app, but to just put the songs into the ringtones section in iTunes and then sync the phone. Google 'using music as a ringtone iPhone' and there are hundreds of help pages. Doing it via an app actually makes the ringtone lag a bit as it requires the app to run.

Guest jadunlop
    The best way to do it is not use an app, but to just put the songs into the ringtones section in iTunes and then sync the phone. Google 'using music as a ringtone iPhone' and there are hundreds of help pages. Doing it via an app actually makes the ringtone lag a bit as it requires the app to run.

This app allows you to select a song on the iPhone and crop and slice & dice it to 48 seconds worth for ringtones. It then makes is available to your iTunes library so you import it that way as you said above. The app only lets you choose a song and then choose which bit you want to hear as a ringtone or message alert.

Jim