Guest teamV

Cover letter

Guest teamV

This may sound daft, but ive never really had to apply for a job ,its normaly been an informal chat and you start on monday ,so I could do with some advice as to what sort of things I should put in a cover letter,I'm not really sure 100% ,that Ive got the right Info on my cv as well.

So any advice would be helpfull,

Kev.

Hi

Contact Suzer on here, she might be able to help. She sorts out resumes etc, I think in return for books off of Amazon

Guest teamV
    I thought you already had two job offers even before you arrived??

I have now, this was on older question I had asked before trying to find a job this week,it just never got any answer's before,although I did get a really useful pm which has helped me with my cover letter and find a job.

You know who you are ,so thank you very much:biggrin:

Kev.

Guest Heather2011
    This may sound daft, but ive never really had to apply for a job ,its normaly been an informal chat and you start on monday ,so I could do with some advice as to what sort of things I should put in a cover letter,I'm not really sure 100% ,that Ive got the right Info on my cv as well.

So any advice would be helpfull,

Kev.

Write your letter to match the job description, say how you can do what the job description states and mention any relevant experience. BBC skills wise - http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/english - give you templates for formal letters. Make sure you get the ending correct! Sincerely for someone you have mamed like Jo, Mrs Brown etc and Faithfully for Dear Sir etc... If you are ending the letter with Yours then the sincerely/faithfully doesnt need a capital letter.

Make sure you check your grammar, punctuation and spelling, if you struggle with that then get someone else to check it for you.