Young Flinny

Southern Sunday Football Team?

Hello,

I'm looking for a football team to play for that plays on a Sunday, I've played for the last two years on a Saturday but the Rugby League competition has now changed to a Saturday (which I also play) so I need to find a new team (Amateur, obviously), preferably one closer to Hallett Cove, I'm aware Hallett Cove has a Sunday Amateur team however from what I've been told they've a large squad and only one team.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Guest Tterrier81

southern knights play on a sundays, there based at o'sullivans beach, pre season training starts on friday at 7pm

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/81980562674/

this is there facebook page, think u will be able to get hold of someone through that, and i know they have a first and second team

Guest Tterrier81

im pretty sure they train on a wednesday nights too, also mate, where do u play rugby league, miss watchin rugby, wouldnt mind comin down to watch a game one day

I'm pretty sure we train on Wednesdays too :biglaugh:, we're based at Mitchell Park reserve, the league is currently deciding whether to host all games at one venue each week which would be Hansen, alternate between two venues (us and Hansen) or just play regular home and away games, which looks unlikely due to a shortage of referees.

The promotion of the game in this state is a joke, we as a club (Tigers) do more than the League or the ARL in terms of recruitment and promotion, hosted a Ladies Day last year in aid of the Glen McGrath Foundation with special one-off pink kits and the lot and I reckon we'll do that again this season with maybe an addition day to promote Men's health.

I'm also the club's assigned media officer and I'll tell you trying to get media coverage of the game down here is a nightmare, we had an affiliated states carnival at Hindmarsh Stadium this year which was a tournament between South Australia, Victoria, Western Australia and the Northern Territory and nobody even knew about it at there was no coverage at all.