Guest craigbisby1

Could anyone give me an idea re: costs!!

Guest craigbisby1

Hi there!

I've been thinking about a move to Adelaide for just over a year now, but what's put me off at the moment is the cost!

Could anyone shed some light on the amount of costs it would set me back.

I would like to know how much savings you need and how much a visa for a family of five would cost in total for a four year visa!

Thanks in advance

Craig

Depends on what kind of visa you are heading for? it costs on average £2-3 thousand for us so far + money for setting up when you get there, flights, insurance, temp accomodation etc. do you know what visa you would be going on?

Guest the Tews
    Hi there!

I've been thinking about a move to Adelaide for just over a year now, but what's put me off at the moment is the cost!

Could anyone shed some light on the amount of costs it would set me back.

I would like to know how much savings you need and how much a visa for a family of five would cost in total for a four year visa!

Thanks in advance

Craig

Hi Craig

We are a family of 5, and we moved here 2 weeks ago! Our costs were approx £2000 visa fees - we are on a rsms visa, £3400 for our shared container or it would have been £3900 for a sole use container. We were in a 4 bed house and have taken a lot of stuff! £500 approx for shipping insurance and quarantine fees this end. Flights are about £4000 to £5000 but so depend on when and who with you go, also if your kids are over 12 then you have to pay adult prices!

We are still trying to sell our car back in the UK and cars are expensive over here especially when you consider their age and kms. We were in rented by the time we moved so that made it a bit easier but cost a fortune in rent.

Hope this helps, pm me if you want to know more, good luck it's worth all the hassle!

Andrea

Guest craigbisby1

It would probably be on a subclass 175 but I have been looking into a sponsored visa. I'm not too sure what visa would be best/cheaper as there are too many

Guest craigbisby1

I have a few trades up my sleeve. I am a qualified chef, an AAT qualified accountant and part qualified electrician!

Guest craigbisby1
    Hi Craig

We are a family of 5, and we moved here 2 weeks ago! Our costs were approx £2000 visa fees - we are on a rsms visa, £3400 for our shared container or it would have been £3900 for a sole use container. We were in a 4 bed house and have taken a lot of stuff! £500 approx for shipping insurance and quarantine fees this end. Flights are about £4000 to £5000 but so depend on when and who with you go, also if your kids are over 12 then you have to pay adult prices!

We are still trying to sell our car back in the UK and cars are expensive over here especially when you consider their age and kms. We were in rented by the time we moved so that made it a bit easier but cost a fortune in rent.

Hope this helps, pm me if you want to know more, good luck it's worth all the hassle!

Andrea

What do the 1st and 2nd installments relate to? And do you have to pay both?

Guest Adelaide_bound
    What do the 1st and 2nd installments relate to? And do you have to pay both?

They are payments for the visa - You only pay the second instalment if your dependants can't speak English to the required standard, if they have GB passports, you're fine and only pay the first instalment. :)

Guest craigbisby1
    They are payments for the visa - You only pay the second instalment if your dependants can't speak English to the required standard, if they have GB passports, you're fine and only pay the first instalment. :)

Phew thank god for that, I was a little worried there icon6.png

Guest bosco

we went through migrant agent so was bit more but worth it at three grand, then another two and half to get AQF111 cert in solid plastering,three grand for flights for five,two and half grand (dollars) deposit for rental,and price of pickup for work. depends on what you wanna drive on cost of that.

Costs so far have been £1000 for my visa and £700 for fiancées visa, £600 each for flights, and £250 to ship our stuff out.

Here we spent about $1000 furnishing our place with stuff we left behind, and probably about $500 in other miscellaneous costs for swapping licences, ambo insurance etc.

Bargain compared to everyone else lol!!

Guest Laura mai

Hi to all! I too am also interested in how much money we need to save/bring to Australia? We are currently moving ro a smaller, cheaper house to save up some money. My husband is currently working with an agency and doing his skills test. (simplyvisas?) I think he's hoping for a sponsored visa, otherwise we (husband, myself and two toddlers), will be coming out on the 175? Obviously we need to save enough for flights, renew of passports, visas, shipping of furniture etc. but I'm wondering will we need money in the bank also? And does anybody hae an idea of how much temporary accommodation is out there? We will be renting eventually. so I guess will also have to save for deposit ect? So many questions, sorry. Just keen to find out and get the ball rolling!

Many thanks in advance for any replies!

Guest pixie7

Hi if youre on a 175/176 you will obviously need visa money, flights and shipping (containers or boxes- try sevenseas/pickfords etc), insurance on shipping and travel insurance (go walkabout we used).

There are no checks done on money in the bank for state sponsorship or anything but the more the better obviously but depends on how you can make do. We booked 2 weeks holiday let (3 bedroomed) about $550 a week (this was january so it was height of the summer- you can probably get cheaper) and i wouldsay 2 weeks in holiday let would be the minimum needed- we looked at and got our long term rental on the thursday/friday and moved from holiday let the monday morning!!

You can get 2 bedroomed apartments for $250 ish a fortnight but that would be fairly basic, bond is under $1000 if rental per fortnight is under $250, bond goes to around $1500 if $255 plus a fortnight and keeps going up! Check out realestate.com for an idea.

Initial set up- ambulance cover $133 for a family (i think) food is similiar priced as UK in my experience, we went to kmart/big w (check out online) and got the basic household bits needed- cheap!

It will all depend on how quickly you/oh get aussie $$ coming in- I would make sure you have a few months rent plus bond and living money to see you through in case jobs dont come too quickly... agencies here take ages!! Depends on the jobs youre looking for.

Shout if more info needed :)