sharons dream

3 days to go

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

You're not alone! We head to London on Friday and fly out of Heathrow on Saturday night and the now I'm starting to panic about what I've forgotten to do, what I still need to do etc, after all this time I can't believe we're so close now. Just want to get on that plane and leave all the nerves/stress behind.

Where are you flying from?

Oh good luck you two! I already feel the same and don;t fly until April - let us all know how you get on and we're up for meeting up when you get there!!

Lots of love and luck on your journey - ALL will be fine with the right mindset xxx

Guest the Tews
    You're not alone! We head to London on Friday and fly out of Heathrow on Saturday night and the now I'm starting to panic about what I've forgotten to do, what I still need to do etc, after all this time I can't believe we're so close now. Just want to get on that plane and leave all the nerves/stress behind.

Where are you flying from?

Good luck guys! We've been here 2 weeks now and so far so good, lovely and sunny and warm. Everything is so easy to find and everyone friendly and willing to help out. Make sure that you have made a note of where the nearest Medicare office is to apply as we forgot. Back up your files on the computer and bring portable hdd with you, our computer died just before we flew and our hdd went in the container accidentally! Also bring as many coat hangers / plug adaptors as you can! Don't forget to get your mobile phones unlocked before you arrive as we forgot and have to phone the UK to get the PUK codes or pay $70 each to unlock them here and they may even be able to do my HTC.

Again good luck and see you on the other side!!

Andrea

It really is so much more relaxed over here.

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Good luck guys! We've been here 2 weeks now and so far so good, lovely and sunny and warm. Everything is so easy to find and everyone friendly and willing to help out. Make sure that you have made a note of where the nearest Medicare office is to apply as we forgot. Back up your files on the computer and bring portable hdd with you, our computer died just before we flew and our hdd went in the container accidentally! Also bring as many coat hangers / plug adaptors as you can! Don't forget to get your mobile phones unlocked before you arrive as we forgot and have to phone the UK to get the PUK codes or pay $70 each to unlock them here and they may even be able to do my HTC.

Again good luck and see you on the other side!!

Andrea

It really is so much more relaxed over here.

Thanks Andrea. I've already looked up where to go for Medicare, centre link, driving licences etc. Our stuff has already been shipped and is heading towards Egypt as we speak lol, complete with lots of hangers, the computer and the external hard drive that hubby forgot to keep out!!

Good to hear you are getting on fine and enjoying it so far.

Wendy

Guest Jo&Phil

We've turned the good weather on for you so you have to come! Hope the flights go well.

We fly from heathrow on Sunday night but are stopping at the hotel at heathrow on the Saturday. Thanks for all the reminders of the check lists I'm now going to go over everything to make sure I have them all

Guest Barney Rubble
    We fly from heathrow on Sunday night but are stopping at the hotel at heathrow on the Saturday. Thanks for all the reminders of the check lists I'm now going to go over everything to make sure I have them all

Check off the kids and hubby first !

Wouldn't want to leave them behind:idea:

Have a safe flight.

Guest leeannekays

How refreshing to read this thread, good luck everyone. Xx

I'm starting to panic and we don't fly until April. Clearing our house out at the moment and moving in with my mum next week until we fly as our house sale is going though and got to get shippers in before. Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Leeanne