brucesbabe

car insurance and no claims

Hi

Does anybody know if having full no claims here in the UK will have any bearing on getting car insurance in Oz ? Also is car insurance a lot more expensive ? Any examples ?

Cheers in advance

Lisa:wink:

Guest Adelaide_bound

Insurance is WAY cheaper (for me anyway) - I pay £500 ish a year on a 2003 Ford Ka 1.3L car here, I drive less than 5K miles a year, have 8 years no claims, no points on my license, no accidents etc etc. My quote for our car in Oz is something like $140 fully comp. - its a 4.2L 4x4 camper, huge beast imho (admitedly this is in WA and don't know if the premiums are different in SA).

From what I have heard from loads of people, yes your no claims travels with you easily that way (but less easily back this way), sometimes they don't ask for proof when you take out the policy, but best to have it as you may well have to produce it if you make a claim. Having said that though, the proof couldn't have been easier to get from one of my insurers (I have two cars, different insurers), I just phoned them up to cancel the policy and they asked if I wanted them to send me the letter (I completely forgot), it arrived a couple of days later :)

I have a van and a car fully comp van for work $550 a year car 1.4 corsa/barina $350 a year.Bring proof most will tranfere NCD. I will have to get the name of Adelaide Bound Insurance company see what they would quote for me.

Guest tinkham_lee

We are with budget direct. the honoured English full NCB with proof.

cost of insurances is much cheaper here. age 24 with full NCB English, 2.0 X reg Laguna TPFT £800, OZ, 3.5v6 1997 Verada, FC $500

Agree with the above - I'm with Budget Direct who were great in terms of customer service and their roadside assist (like RAC) were very helpful when I got stuck recently. Way way cheaper than the UK and Budget honored my NCB from the UK and didn't need to see proof from the UK, just my info from last year (change over from a much less customer focused insurance company here!)