Where did you end up, even after research??

Guest Paula H

Hi

We researched Aldinga, Christies Beach and a few area's close to the city. We actually ended up in Christies Beach, in short term rental which had had mixed reviews through books and other Poms. We are still in Christies and live a street away from where we landed two years ago today. We love it, the kids love it, two streets back from the beach. We will be moving out of the area but only because we want an old house with land and it has all been subdivided here. If we could get what we wanted though would definately stay here.

Guest Paula H

Are you moving out to rented accomodation or to buy? if you dont mind me asking.

Hi

We researched Aldinga, Christies Beach and a few area's close to the city. We actually ended up in Christies Beach, in short term rental which had had mixed reviews through books and other Poms. We are still in Christies and live a street away from where we landed two years ago today. We love it, the kids love it, two streets back from the beach. We will be moving out of the area but only because we want an old house with land and it has all been subdivided here. If we could get what we wanted though would definately stay here.

No problem. we are renting at the minute but have an opportunity to buy a property in Marino at quite a discount so too good an opportunity to miss out on (if it works out ok). Tenant in it at the mo so going to keep it as an investment property until we can accrue some more money and then look to move into it.

Are you moving out to rented accomodation or to buy? if you dont mind me asking.

Guest The Dimmocks

We researched Woodcroft for SS. We stuck a pin in the map and that was the area we focused on for research. We got On Arrival Accommdation in Paradise up north. We drove down to the south a few times and looked around and knew it was for us. Hubby found a job and we rented house in Morphett Vale before buying a house in Woodcroft.

we researched and was going to live south no matter what we were living by the beach. when we got here we stayed with friends in Wynn Vale (northeast) and stayed in the Northeast. still love the south and go down that way to the beach often but the Northeast offers us so much at the moment, still want to buy that big block of land down Normanville way on the beach and never have to work but thats just a dream......for now ;).

dont think you ever know til you get here. we looked up and down the coast and loved everywhere we looked.

Guest leemina

We researched woodcroft, happy valley, port noarlunga and mount barker, with the mount being top on list. However once we arrived in Christies beach, we visited mount barker and quickly realised that it wasnt for us, and that we wanted to be closer to the beach. In the Uk we always said that we didnt want to go further south than Christies beach, but once we saw Aldinga beach and areas, we loved it and are renting here at the mo. If we do end up buying we'll probably stay here or willunga/maclaren vale area. We love it down here.

Researched south and west only as we wanted the beach lifestyle option. Have to say though once we arrived we just knew that Woodcroft was right for us. Moved down to Seaford as we outgrew our Woodcroft rental once Our youngest was born and couldn't find anything big enough at the time. Although we enjoy living where we do we can't wait to get but to Woodcroft.

Its very difficult to research exactly where you are going to live from the UK as you really need to be here and see things first hand.

Pete

Researched south and west only as we wanted the beach lifestyle option. Have to say though once we arrived we just knew that Woodcroft was right for us. Moved down to Seaford as we outgrew our Woodcroft rental once Our youngest was born and couldn't find anything big enough at the time. Although we enjoy living where we do we can't wait to get but to Woodcroft.

Its very difficult to research exactly where you are going to live from the UK as you really need to be here and see things first hand.

Pete

Agree wholeheatedly about trying to research from UK. Things look so different once you get here and you need to be here to suss out really how far away from things you are. We liked Aldinga but I am not mobile so would have had problems getting to places I wanted. Where we are, I've got buses and trains for if I want to go further afield but my shoe leather does a lot of the hard graft and that's the way I like it. Seeing schools first hand is another deciding factor. Good luck with it

Guest mark&rachel

We started off in Glandore (Holiday Let) then moved to Aldinga Beach for 18 months. We liked Aldinga and the beach lifestyle but found the commute to the city to be too long! Only 45 mins but we wanted closer.

We have now landed in Flagstaff Hill where we love. Not too far from hills, beach or city.

I think the trouble is most places are nicer than England (in my view), places are bigger, your always near wildlife and nice beaches.

Having said that one mans junk is another mans treasure i guess and vice versa.

HI tina and Steve

do you mind me asking what it is that the norteast offers for you as we are in the same boat as Paula H

QUOTE=tina&steve;216061]we researched and was going to live south no matter what we were living by the beach. when we got here we stayed with friends in Wynn Vale (northeast) and stayed in the Northeast. still love the south and go down that way to the beach often but the Northeast offers us so much at the moment, still want to buy that big block of land down Normanville way on the beach and never have to work but thats just a dream......for now ;).

dont think you ever know til you get here. we looked up and down the coast and loved everywhere we looked.

HI tina and Steve

do you mind me asking what it is that the norteast offers for you as we are in the same boat as Paula H

QUOTE=tina&steve;216061]we researched and was going to live south no matter what we were living by the beach. when we got here we stayed with friends in Wynn Vale (northeast) and stayed in the Northeast. still love the south and go down that way to the beach often but the Northeast offers us so much at the moment, still want to buy that big block of land down Normanville way on the beach and never have to work but thats just a dream......for now ;).

for us it was work we both got work here altho we both work in jobs we can do anywhere, but mainly the school out son as aspergers and is a very good main stream school. but up here we have good shops the lovely hills and fantastic friends. not that you cant have all that in the south but to us it just suits our needs. takes me 20 mins to get to largs bay and 30 mins to henley beach and about 20-25 mins to the city. so we have everything on our doorstep :)

for us it was work we both got work here altho we both work in jobs we can do anywhere, but mainly the school out son as aspergers and is a very good main stream school. but up here we have good shops the lovely hills and fantastic friends. not that you cant have all that in the south but to us it just suits our needs. takes me 20 mins to get to largs bay and 30 mins to henley beach and about 20-25 mins to the city. so we have everything on our doorstep :)

And the people are so lovely here, aren't they Tina?! :wink: (I should point out here that Tina and I have actually never met, but I think of her as a friend nevertheless, and we DO share a birthday!)

We knew my husband would be working at Golden Grove when we first came over here, I got a fantastic PM about Athelstone from a lady living there before we arrived, so we were always headed for this side of town - not regretted it for one moment. Great transport links, great choice of schools, great shops, lots of work, lovely people, lovely scenery, and so easy to get to everywhere from here.

Guest Paula H

Maybe I should cut down on the research and wait to see where my OH will find work, we both like north and south, east and west Adelaide lol. Thanks for all your views :))))