Guest Tracijbc

UK BT Phone question.....

Guest Tracijbc

I know someone is bound to have asked this before, but I can't find a link on the search, so I'll ask again....

We have a really nice BT phone and I don't really want to just chuck it, so can they be used in Australia? Are the connections the same and will it connect with an Australian exchange?

Thanks a lot

Traci x

I'm not sure because the plug / socket is different so you will have to change that, if you can, then it would be ok. We didn't bring any phones we brought 2 here for $70, they are not that expensive.

Guest salisbury massive

We were told the frequency on uk hand held phones interfere with the emergency services frequencies. You'd be hard pushed to find somewhere to change the plugs. Maybe Tandy or dick smiths might do different plugs. we had a beautiful phone in the Uk and left it behind because we were told the phones wouldn't work.

Jo

We brought our cordless phones with us and just changed the lead that runs from the actual phone to the socket. Have a look at your phone and see if you can unclip the lead,if you can then you should be able to use them here. I got the new lead from Dick Smiths. The only downside is that you still have the big UK plug so you have to use a travel adaptor.