Guest Guest5035

summers here

Guest Guest5035

there was a thread a few weeks ago about summer not arriving, well i think over the past 2 weeks its arrived..

stevo

Summer's here. (Missing apostrophe).

Unless Stevo is talking about "summers in South Australia" - or "summers here" as opposed to "summers elsewhere" and to be honest, Grammar Man, how can you be sure he isn't?

This is what summers used to be like when I came here as a child. It would be hot in January and especially when we went back to school in February. We had 8 weeks of Summer holidays then, but only 3 terms at school. Can you feel the heat coming off the buildings at night....?

Guest Squareman

Nope, it is a common noun and thus not capitalised in English. The same applies to north, south, east, west.

Back to school, the lot of you!

Nope, it is a common noun and thus not capitalised in English. The same applies to north, south, east, west.

?

A new topic, is a heading and therfore the 's' should have been capitalised, no matter if it's a verb, adjective, name, noun or pronoun......

Back to school....

I agree Ann Summers might be a little common... but I'd still let her have her capitalisation!

Guest Squareman

LOL @ Adelaide Now. Yeah right mate, we believe you..........

Guest Guest5035

All theSe replieS about SummerS here,i don't really give a Sh#t whether there Should be a Capital S or Small S, SummerS here and if you do do care about a Small S or big S, you can Stick it where the Sun don't Shine...:tongue::wink:

Stevo

26 will be nice and gentle for you. Haha at least today I didn't have a problem getting a park on the outside carparks at Marion. No one else felt it necessary to trek in 37 o heat across the sahara of the carpark.

Are we back on track now!:huh:Yup it's roasting now,just like stepping out into a furnace.We,ve been cowering in the shade the last two or three days,the old current bun fries the skin off you!:wideeyed:Boy is it hot.

Guest Guest75
    Are we back on track now!:huh:Yup it's roasting now,just like stepping out into a furnace.We,ve been cowering in the shade the last two or three days,the old current bun fries the skin off you!:wideeyed:Boy is it hot.

Ya whinging Pom!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Squareman

Its funny though, as everytime you watch a film, documentary or actuality show on TV set in the UK, the sun is always splitting the trees!

Last time I was in the UK was summer in 2010 and even though the sun was shining, everyone was still going about with big jackets on or sitting at home with the curtains drawn! I know that not everyone does this, but I couldn't help but notice how many people do!

Its funny though, as everytime you watch a film, documentary or actuality show on TV set in the UK, the sun is always splitting the trees!

Last time I was in the UK was summer in 2010 and even though the sun was shining, everyone was still going about with big jackets on or sitting at home with the curtains drawn! I know that not everyone does this, but I couldn't help but notice how many people do!

I think that's far more apparent with shows from Aus, where the sun is perpetually shining (even those produced in Melbourne!) Plenty of Aussies have curtains shut/blinds down/windows shuttered during summer.

Ah but the difference is the furnace like heat that our sun produces in summer, our curtains are closed to keep the heat out during the day. You certainly wouldn't be sitting inside with a big coat on in our summer.

Just checked my phone for the forecast next week, as my folks are coming over - and it's showing 22 for Monday! Gonna feel like bloody winter again (to me!!) I LOVE this hot weather, it's what I moved here for.