Guest johner

Marino

Guest johner

Hi everybody

could any one tell us what the area of Marino is like as a place to live and what the secondary schools are like cheers.

Guest Roo1

Hi,

I live on the boundary of Marino and Hallett Cove, so travel through Marino on The Cove Road virtually every day. Marino is a desirable place to live as like Hallett Cove it has great views of the Gulf of St Vincent. Marino merges into Kingston Park where you'll find Brighton Caravan Park, a stunning beach and a short walk to Seacliff where you'll find Seacliff Hotel Pub and Life Saving club. Property prices are higher around 20% to 30% more expensive than Hallett Cove. There seems to be quite a few desirable newer builds sea side of the train track too.

Marino also has 2 train stations, Marino and Marino Rocks but within a 5 min walk from each other. It takes around 25 mins on the express train into the CBD.

School wise your choices are Hallett Cove R to 12, Brighton Secondary (but I think that is zoned and Marino isn't in the catchment area) and Seaview High School.

All are not in walking distance, so you'd have to think about how to get your child to school if you are both working.

I hope this helps!

Judi

Hi

We are in the process of trying to buy an investment home there at the moment. We find it lovely - very quiet but that does not bother us. I have nto seen that many undesirable properties and the chap that we know and have got friendly with there said it is very community minded and everyon helps each other but you can still maintain privacy. I have heard the High School is excellent for a government school and a friend of mine said she knew of people that had moved area just to get their kids into the school. Hope this helps to some degree

Hi everybody

could any one tell us what the area of Marino is like as a place to live and what the secondary schools are like cheers.