Guest samantha

want to meet people

Guest samantha

hi everyone ,my name is samantha and im new to Australia and im looking to meet people with children ,i have 4 children and im living in westlakes ,my youngest is 4 and next to her is 10 year old boy have a 17 year old and 19 year old, would love to meet some people around my area :cool:.im from ireland ,im also looking for a football team for my ten year old ,

Guest dalton

Hi Samantha ,my name is Cathy i live in Fulham which isnt that far from West Lakes ! i have a daughter Abby who is 14 15 in July and a boy Aaron who is also 10 and is also desperate to play in a football team ,we have been here since Sept ,kids are starting new schools on monday so i will be trying to find out about football teams around! hope to speak again soon !!

Guest samantha

hi cathy , i sent a private message to you hope you got it as im new to this not sure what im doing ,but anyway im living near westfield shopping centre if you want to meet up for a coffee.what school did you send your children to ,i have no in henley high and one in westlakes ,

Guest samantha

hi sharon ,your not bad your self haha

hope the kids had a great day in school

Guest dalton

Hi Samantha ,i sent you a private message also !! my daughter Abby goes to Henley high and my son has gone to Fulham north just around the corner from Henley high ,yeh be good to meet up for a coffee in west lakes will text you soon Cathy x

Guest dalton

Hi Samantha sorry i havent texted you to meet up for coffee been really busy of late ,but havent forgotton about you !! hope everything is going ok for you and you are well catch up soon x

Hiys Ladies ... on my way home tonight i saw a sign for a junior football team that is recruiting in feb it was on cudmore rd nr henley high school ...

Cathy have a look when taking kids to school as i only got a glimps of the sign !! xx

Guest samantha

hi cathy ,all good my end ,we moved but im still in westlakes ,when ever you ave time give me a text and we can meet up :cool:

Guest samantha

hi waynecaz ,thanks for that will look out for the sign ,my son would to start playing again ,he misses it so much x

Guest Brummie Stew

[h=2]Birmingham & Midland Group (BMG)[/h]

Birmingham and Midland Group
    , next function will be held at The Jetty Hotel, Glenelg. On
    Friday 24 February from 7.30 til late
    , enter the Hotel via Elizabeth Street and meet us in the Birmingham & Midland Bar.

As Adelaide’s only UK expats based group we welcome all, so if you have been here a long time or are a new arrival, come and have a good time. All kids are welcome.

Background on the Birmingham & Midland Group
    The Birmingham & Midland Group was established in 2006, this small group afternoon picnic, soon grew with other functions in various location around Adelaide into what has be come quite a large number of people. The word of BMG soon spread, with requests to attend our functions coming from wide and far, it wasn't long before local and U.K. radio stations were requesting interviews. It was soon realised that the individuals and families attending arrived in Adelaide at various times some back in the late 50's and others within a day or two of before attending their first function.

The purpose and philosophy of the Birmingham & Midlands Group
    Firstly it is to have a laugh with memories and stories over drinks and/or food with fellow migrants whether they be old or new arrivals, however what has become a vital and most important role for the group is that at times we serve as a first point of contact to new arrivals helping them put down their roots and giving support at this very stressful time, as we all know.

I should mention and make it clear that by name, The Birmingham and the Midlands Group does attract a large number people from these area's, however the last thing we would want is to become exclusive and this is why this is why this is an open invitation to all.

Follow us on facebook or make contact on 0410498127 or

Guest Brummie Stew

The Birmingham & Midland Group would like to know of the current PIA members how many come from the Birmingham & Midlands ?

Their might be funding from Multicultrial Affairs for our group, but we need firm numbers of how many people of these area's are in South Australia. My ask is simple: if or your family or you know somebody from the Birmingham & Midlands area please contact me here on this facebook page. - Thanks

Just another quick plug for drinks at the Jetty Bar Hotel, Glenelg Friday 24 Feb from 7:30 It's going to be huge.

I encourage you to tell all you can and advertise this event in any way you see fit, don't forget to bring a friend and kids are welcome too.....

Enter the Hotel via Elizabeth St and look for the sign that guides you to the Birmingham & Midland Bar - see you all there

Guest natasha

hello!!!sorry for the irrelative question :wubclub: i am natasha thinking of moving to adelaide in october from greece ....... i saw that you live in west lakes.....do you like there?? it has easy access to the centre?? it is very hot???? humidity???any other pros and coms ???

thank you :biggrin:

Guest samantha

hi Natasha ,

yes i love it here,

Im living near the lake and the shops are are on my door step ,

town is only 20 mins away and plenty of buses around ,

its very central here as every thing is about 20 min away ,i hope this helps you ,

samantha:wink: