Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray hogan

New Aussies

Guest Ray hogan

Hi All would be Aussies,

When you are all over there and you can do it apply for your "OZ" citizenship because it would make it easy for you if you decided to leave there and come back to this dump they call england, we used to live in Elizabeth and made the mistake of not doing it and now we cant get back there as much as we would like to

Guest Roo1

Thanks for the advice Ray. Our friends are going back after 4 years here in Adelaide. The husband misses his family (but mostly friends) to much. The wife and kids are in mixed minds but going along with him because he really wants to go back.

Fortunatly they are all citizens, so it will make it easier for them if they get back and after 6 months decide they'd made the wrong decision.

So sorry that you've had a change of heart. I hope you can find a way to come and live back in Aus again.

Judi x

Guest Ray hogan
    Thanks for the advice Ray. Our friends are going back after 4 years here in Adelaide. The husband misses his family (but mostly friends) to much. The wife and kids are in mixed minds but going along with him because he really wants to go back.

Fortunatly they are all citizens, so it will make it easier for them if they get back and after 6 months decide they'd made the wrong decision.

So sorry that you've had a change of heart. I hope you can find a way to come and live back in Aus again.

Judi x

Hi Judi,

We were one of the £10 Poms that everybody talks about, as we went out in `65 but had to return in `71 because my wifes mum was ill and she needed us to look after her, when we lost her in `89 we tried to get back there by writing to the then Prime Minster [bob Hawke] but it did no good, and then when Paul Keating took over we tried again but that did no good, in 1995 I was given a job with Serco Buses in Elizabeth, and they changed their mind because of the Immigration laws, now we have retired and my wife is to ill we are unable to get back, although we come on holiday there to see old friends and neighbours, who still live there, so that is our consolation prize for not taking citizenship out