Guest Guest5035

Do you feel guilty...

Guest Guest5035

I see and hear the UK is getting cold and expecting f#####g cold, do you feel guilty wearing your singlet, shorts, thongs, summer dresses, etc etc:wink:

stevo

Ha ha! We are still dreaming of the day we finally get to Oz- in the meantime the heating is on full blast, we have scraped the ice off the cars and snow is forecast on Saturday...

So in answer to your question- please feel very guilty as I feel very jealous! :wink:

Guest Maria Day

Not me lols! Work very hard to be in this lovely country. I only wish that my in laws are here to enjoy the sunshine! :)

Guest teamV

I rode my push bike to work this morning ,it's only about a mile but it was - 4,went to get my bottle of water off my bike and it's frozen,

bdfaa1d8.jpg

I don't think I'll miss this too much

If our dream goes according to plan (fat chance), we'll end up with a year of summer....well, if you can call what we get a summer.

I see and hear the UK is getting cold and expecting f#####g cold, do you feel guilty wearing your singlet, shorts, thongs, summer dresses, etc etc:wink:

stevo

Yer all the time, everyday since being here I feel guilty about the wonderful weather,hard work I do to be here, ".............. then I wake up and get out of bed then have a coffee and think what a funny dream I've just had...

Yeah, right!

I'll feel bad about being warm whilst they're cold the minute someone over there feels guilty about being warm (-ish lol) when we're cold!

:tongue: LC

Guest Guest5035

so if us in adelaide tell you its forcast a mild 30oc today. you won't be upset...:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest ladyarkles

I feel so guilty that I have donated all my old socks and Vicks Vapor Rub to charity.

To give myself a genuine UK experience, I put on all of my clothes and then stand under the shower for 30 seconds with ice cubes in my bloomers.

Then I stand in the bedroom with the aircon set to "Artic" and play a soundclip of Jeremy Kyle shouting at single mothers.

After that, I stand on my own feet repeatedly whilst moaning about London Underground and finish it all of by setting fire to a fifty-pound note.

Homesick?

Not yet.

Guest markysharky

err no!!!!! weve all worked and saved very hard to be in australia and deserverdly so!!!!!!

Guest Guest5035

i do this morning after ringing my oldies, its very................very cold..

stevo

I don't feel guilty (previous WW reply was my hubby), but I do care about my folks back home struggling in the cold. Especially my mum who just turned 92 and feels cold at the best of times. She's so frustrated that she can't get out of her house because of the cold ...... she just loves going shopping and out to lunch.

Last night when I rang her she said there was a cat walking along the top of her garden fence as we spoke, but it slipped on the ice and fell off .............. hilarious!!

Oh and yesterday in Sussex was my favourite kind of day apparently ........ bitterly cold and icy, but cloudless blue skies and sunshine. Just the sort of day for a walk up the Downs! I miss decent cold weather .... I really do.

Guest Guest5035

funny you saying that sharon, looking at a few piccies on online papers and remember walking through paddocks with my dog with the frost and snow after it first settled...but when it gets to 10oc here i'm bloody cold too

stevo