Guest Davo

visa help

Guest Davo

Hi Gill,

We emigrated to Adelaide in May 2010 and you gave us heaps of help and advice with our visa which were so grateful and now live in Glenelg North and doing good. The reason for contacting you is friends of ours have a visa dilema and if you dont mind we will give you a brief lowdown on their situation:

Chris has lived here (in Adelaide) for 25+ years and kept in touch with a girl (Sharon) back in his home town of Burnley all these years. Last May he visited England and met up with Sharon and to cut a long story short 'fell in love'. She has since been over to Australia twice and is currently here now on a 3 month holiday visa. She desperately wants a permanent visa and we were wondering if you could advise which is the best visa to apply for and how to go about it ?

Many thanks,

David

Hi David - I think if you have any more information about Sharon it might assist Gill: for instance: her age, her profession, her qualifications... good luck anyway, if anyone can help and advise, I'm sure Gill can

Guest Davo

She is 50 worked as a ward clerk in A&E not sure about any other qualifications.

Thanks

He could marry her!! Has he become an Australian citizen??

Hi Gill,

We emigrated to Adelaide in May 2010 and you gave us heaps of help and advice with our visa which were so grateful and now live in Glenelg North and doing good. The reason for contacting you is friends of ours have a visa dilema and if you dont mind we will give you a brief lowdown on their situation:

Chris has lived here (in Adelaide) for 25+ years and kept in touch with a girl (Sharon) back in his home town of Burnley all these years. Last May he visited England and met up with Sharon and to cut a long story short 'fell in love'. She has since been over to Australia twice and is currently here now on a 3 month holiday visa. She desperately wants a permanent visa and we were wondering if you could advise which is the best visa to apply for and how to go about it ?

Many thanks,

David

Hi Gill,

Many thanks,

David

Hi David

Is there any reason why the couple would not be able to get a Prospective Marriage Visa, please?

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/prospective/300/

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

I know very little about PMVs and Partner visas but there is some stuff about PMVs on page 30 et seq of the Booklet in the link above.

I believe that it is not a fiddly visa and that everything is written on the tin, as it were - ie, written on the DIAC website.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Davo

Thanks Again for that info gill,i will pass it on to my friends & once again thanks for your help with our visa

All the best from sunny Glenelg