Guest leeannekays

House sell has fell through at the 11th hour!

Guest leeannekays

We just can't believe it. House sale due to complete on Friday 10th February. Had the shipping company in early to ship our belongings to adelaide - it will stay in storage until we need it as the people were hurrying for the completeion date. We have moved in with my mum. Had a phone call Friday saying our buyers buyer has pulled out!!! I feel sick, cross, it shouldn't be allowed. we were going to save lots of money the next 10 weeks as would have no mortgage to pay. Now that's gone completely out the window.

Our house has now gone straight back on the Market, it's completely empty.

Leeanne xxxxxx

Hi

Thats terrible. So, you exchanged some time ago and were just waiting for completion?? It is so rare for things to go wrong after exchange as the buyers will be losing thousands too. Normally after exchange its all systems go.

Sending hugs

Sarah

Guest RobJ1978

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I hope you get your house sold ASAP! Hang on in there!

Guest lyn

Oh Leanne, that's terrible. The house selling system in this country is the pits. We are due to exchange next week and ship the week after. We live in dread of the very same thing happening to us.

I've got everything crossed for you.

Lyn xxx

Guest Guest5035

the system here is so much better than the uk one, all done in 4 weeks.

stevo

Guest leeannekays

Exchanged Friday, completing this Friday. The guy went in to sign but instead of signing said he's pulled out. The people who want our property are devastated also but there not leaving the country like us! They are tryin to find another buyer fast so that they still have a chance of having our house. What a total cock up. Just can't believe it. We wanted to sit back and enjoy the last 10 weeks with friends an family but now were going to have this hanging over us cause I'm not going to settled until the house is completed to the end.xxx thank you for messages. Xxxx

Guest Crushfamily

If you exchanged you are entitled to your buyers deposit - usually at least 5% - that should help?

Guest jaxndel

So sorry to hear your sad news Leanne. I hope you will soon get another buyer soon. Maybe you will get more money for it. Fingers crossed for you x

It sounds devastating, really, really horrible BUT at least your buyer is still keen.

Our home was on the market before we came over. Then, at the last minute, we found a buyer and all the necessary paperwork was completed whilst we were here. It might not be ideal -and the guy did try to negotiate a discount when he realised we were emigrating (ha!)- but it worked just fine. And if the Crushes are right, maybe you'll have some of that 5% to help you settle.

Try not to stress (always easier said than done) and try to enjoy your last weeks in the UK.

:wubclub:LC

Guest leeannekays

Thank you LC, that's a really positive post for me to read. I am going to see our solicitor in the morning as want to know exactly what is going on with the chain.

Thank you xxx

Guest Rachael Reeve

I feel so bad for you, they should not be able to do that. We have our house up for sale and its just so hard. good luck!

Guest leeannekays

Here's our house update! House Went back on the Market today and has SOLD again!! We have got more money for it as well. Iwas bartering on and off with the estate agent and buyer, when finally got to the price that was acceptable and better than the last I then laid down the law and said it needs to go through by end of March at the latest. When all was confirmed I burst into tears. What a roller coaster of a weekend

Xxxxx leeanne x

Guest jaxndel
    Here's our house update! House Went back on the Market today and has SOLD again!! We have got more money for it as well. Iwas bartering on and off with the estate agent and buyer, when finally got to the price that was acceptable and better than the last I then laid down the law and said it needs to go through by end of March at the latest. When all was confirmed I burst into tears. What a roller coaster of a weekend

Xxxxx leeanne x

Hey Leeanne, Didn't I tell you that would happen!!!!! God I'm good hehe. Good luck with everything. I am sure it will go smoothly now. xx

Guest leeannekays

Well here we go again. House has fell through again today. I'm not angry or cross, just devastated and no energy left. Must focus on oz as nothings going to stop us.

House selling system in uk is total rubbish.