Guest jadunlop

CBT Motorbike Test

Guest jadunlop

Should I do this in the UK or wait until I'm over in Australia? It costs about £120 here to do in one day.

Thinking of buying a motorbike to commute to work.

Cheers guys.

Jim

Guest PaulandVicky

Hello,

Do you have a UK provisional motorcycle licence?

Regards,

The CBT bit is similar to the UK bit and you will get to ride a low powered under 600cc on P plates for two years.

You can then do the second part which is more riding round cones etc.

This gives you a full licence which still is restricted to a low powered under 600cc bike for a year.

This is called R date.

Each of the two parts takes a day. So I did my first part in the Feb 2011 and the second part in the May 2011. I have until May 2012 then I can ride whatever.

It is really easy. If you can ride around cones without falling off you are ok.

This is only applicable for people with UK car licence.

Here is a link to the learner approved bikes....

http://www.bikesales.com.au/showroom/learner-approved/

Mel and Rob

Guest jayk

How does it work if you come from the uk with a full bike licence?

Cheers jason

Ok this can be a tricky one,

Some people like me(Rob) have had bike put on there Oz licence,

But some people have been told its not possible!

I think like most things it depends on the person at the counter...lol

Just make sure you fill in the form correctly and have all the relevant info and there should be no problem.

Rob and Mel

Guest tinkham_lee

jadunlop, the CBT in England is not an official endorsement on your licence, it is a certificate that allows you to ride up to 125cc on L plates (you are not tested by an official examiner). this means you cant transfer it to OZ.

If you were to get your full motorbike licence a 3 day course (inc test on a 500cc) for about £500 you can ride any size bike and can transfer it to an OZ licence.

Looking at the restrictions etc once you pass your test here, I would do the motorbike licence in England

Guest jadunlop
    jadunlop, the CBT in England is not an official endorsement on your licence, it is a certificate that allows you to ride up to 125cc on L plates (you are not tested by an official examiner). this means you cant transfer it to OZ.

If you were to get your full motorbike licence a 3 day course (inc test on a 500cc) for about £500 you can ride any size bike and can transfer it to an OZ licence.

Looking at the restrictions etc once you pass your test here, I would do the motorbike licence in England

Hi there, I'm thinking of just getting a learners for commuting. I don't ride motorbikes over here in Scotland and I don't intend to get caught up in bigger motorbikes etc... If we settle down within 10 miles of where my work is I'll be using my bicycle for commuting. The learner motorbike just gave us more range to find a suburb to live.

Cheers

Jim

Guest tinkham_lee

ok, Do your learners permit over here, as CBT and learners permits are not transferable