Guest azadehafrouzi

limited time to move

Guest azadehafrouzi

Hi All,

Does anybody know, how many months do I have to move to Australia/Adelaide after visa (475) granted?

Cheers,

Azadeh

Hi, i think this right from what i can remember.

If its a 457 PR visa you have 1 year from the completion of your meds to at least go through Australian immigration to validate your visa. After that you have a max of 5 years in total to move to Oz before the visa is deleted. When you get your visa put in your passport you will get an expiry date printed on it.

Guest azadehafrouzi

Thx for your reply.

Actually I lodge fora 475 visa(temporary visa), you think it's as same as the other visa?

Our 475 visa was granted early July 2011, and we were informed we had to enter Adelaide before December 11, the same year...

Guest azadehafrouzi

So, hopefully most people have enough time to arrange...

Depends on meds. Most get a year but some who's meds get referred only get 6 months.

Chris.

It's not just meds, it can be police checks. Both these have a 'shelf life' which is why it's a gamble to front-load them.

Jim

Guest D&LA

i think i goes by your meds, unfortunately we had lots of delays (not caused by us i might add) and ended up have less than 3 months to activate the visa. we requested a short extension and this was declined. This was during a time of change to the visa process which i think has been sorted out now so hopefully you should get at least 6 months.

leigh-Anne

You should be aware you will be given a must enter before date on your visa, this is usually one year from the date on EITHER your meds or police check. Everyone must enter before this date, you do not have to stay in Oz however. If you are not ready to move permanently you can return to the UK and move later within the terms of your visa. With a 475 this is less that with a 175/176 which is 5 years from grant as you need to spend 2 years in Oz before the visa expires to qualify for PR. You have 3 years from grant to satisfy the requirements for PR.

This entering and returning to the UK is referred to widely as visa validation.