Any Ideas please!!

Guest caz

Hi ,

we are coming over in july and basically the dogs are doing quarintine in melbourne so we are sending them before us so when we go we are going to go to melbourne first and buy a car as we have found a dealer there that we want to buy a car from . The only problem im thinking is how are we going to pay for it as we won't of been to adelaide yet to of confirmed our identity for us to make withdrawls from the bank account.

Does anyone know if we would be able to sort our bank accounts out in melbourne or does it have to be in adelaide ?

The other option was to bring it over in cash but I don't know how much you can take through the airport and that makes me a bit nervous aswell cause it would be a lot of money !!

Has any one got any ideas please !!!

Guest Adelaide_bound

You can validate your bank account in any branch, you just need to let your bank know in advance, so they can send your file and ATM cards to that branch in time - we are doing this, we were going to go straight to Adelaide, but now need to fly into Perth first, so have changed our branch to a Perth branch.

Just let them know and they should be able to set that up for you :)

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

We opened our account with NAB from the UK and were given a contact at the Adelaide branch but she put us in touch with someone at the Collonades branch and arranged for our cards etc to be sent there for us instead.

Hi there,

I am fair sure that if you buy a car interstate then you have to take it through an inspection here before you can buy rego for it.

I believe it is pretty straightforward and I don't want to put you off in any way but just in case your dealer hasn't mentioned it to you, it might be worth asking about it.

You are allowed to bring in $10k in currency without declaring it. If you bring any more than that you have to complete a form stating it is yours, legally obtained etc (Border Security and http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4443.asp say so!).

Sounds like quite a fun idea - depending on the size of your dogs!

:wubclub: LC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dazzlin

Hi Caz,

We opened an account online with Westpac and after receiving the account details I was able to go to their London offices to validate the account. I'm still in the UK and have already received my 'Handycard' - suitable for ATM withdrawals and EFTPOS - but we have to wait until we arrive before we can order a debit card.

Daren