Winter Colds

Guest Kiki

Hi Guys,

This might be a strange one but thought Id ask anyway. As all the peeps in the UK know its BlXXXy freezing at the minute. I hate Febuary at the best of times. But thats besides the point.

Winter colds, are those of you in Adelaide still getting them? Have you noticed a difference?

I have had this cold on and off since Oct. It clears up, lingers and returns. My nose is streaming as I type Urgh!!!!.

Now I lived in LA for years when I was younger and don't remeber getting a cold once. So what are you like now you are in Adelaide.

Also any tips for shifting it would be greatly appreciated.:arghh:

Kimberley xx

Guest Guest75

Sorry Kiki but you still get the colds and flu here in winter:mad:

Not as bad for Mrs Tyke and I as we don't work in shops any more and get sneezed on as much.

A few Whiskey's/rums before bed helps me.;)

We got here in July of last year and I've only had one cold since then. Hubby hasn't had one at all but then he never caught them in the UK either! Daughter Hattie hasn't had a cold here either but Rory gets them every other week seemingly. Having said that they don't seem to last very long here, sometimes only for a day or so and it's possible they're not even colds but mild hayfever. Which is a long winded way of saying overall, we don't get that many!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

yes we do get them, along with many other bugs and things ... currently battling a bad dose of gastro but first time years ....

best way to cure anything here, watch the sunset, think about days on the beach, etc

cheers

sas

Thanks Guys

Just feeling sorry for myself. Been out to buy Echinacea so fingers crossed it works. My day is going from bad to worse.

Just contacted HIFX the rate on the screen shows 2.17 which is crap. They gave me a rate of 2.13 which is even crapper!!!!! (if that is a word)

Thanks again

kimberley x:arghh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
yes we do get them, along with many other bugs and things ... currently battling a bad dose of gastro but first time years ....

best way to cure anything here, watch the sunset, think about days on the beach, etc

cheers

sas

Funny you say that Sas, I have had one cold since being here, but my stomach has been "upset" more times in the first year here than in my entire life in the UK. I only have to have an ice cream from the popular stand in Marion and it is like colonic irrigation (sorry if you are eating!):biglaugh:.

sarah