Guest zidden

Beasties

Guest zidden

What beasties (things poisonous and not) have you experienced in South Australia, in particular Adelaide?

Guest Squareman

There arent any beasties here, really. I've heard that someone saw a spider once in Melbourne, but that's miles away from here.

Friends of ours found redbacks in their BBQ!!!!!!!!! in the Adelaide hills, they also saw a brown snake in the middle of the street last summer!!!!! They have been there for 5 years though so that's not too bad! Won't put me off and I am TERRIFIED of spiders and all things crawly and creepy!

Lorraine x

Don't go looking for them so haven't seen anything too horrendous yet! (apart from a dead redback in my daughter's shed a couple of years ago and a brown snake crossing the road up near Strathalbyn). Was greeted by a large huntsman soon after we arrived but they get rid of other nasties so just 'shooed' him outside again and sprayed around the doors, windows and skirting boards.

Guest steveygee

Saw a white tail creeping across my ceiling whilst I was watching a movie once... fully grown too. Smashed him with a map and chucked him down the drain :) Also saw a sizeable huntsman at a friends house, but just picked him up put him in a jar and popped him outside.

Guest Damien

So far in Adelaide our first two houses had gardens and shed absolutely full of redbacks. Also found a few white tailed spiders and a couple of wolf spiders. Since moving down south we've seen wolf spiders, white tails, snakes (red-bellied black, tiger and brown - you know the all the nasty ones;)), a white pointer down the coast, and for the last few weeks the mother in law has been spotted wandering through the grounds - definitely one venomous creature to avoid.

Hi,

really haven't seen as many as I thought we would, mainly due to my phobic hubbies bombing the place silly! Finding it hard to get over seeing a very large spider on the car window behind my OH who was driving, I was trying to not mention it while trying to work out if it was on the outside! Lots of screaming involved and both of us out the passenger side, it was on the outside! And it held on all the way home! Yeuch!

gill x

Hi

Firstly, we have been here nearly 5 years, and we havent seen a snake......phew!! But we have had a couple of big blue tongued lizards in our garden (which has no lawn, just patio!)... We have had a few big huntsman hanging around under the pergola too.

Havent seen any redbacks...but have seen a couple of little white tipped spiders - which I just step on.

HAve seen a few sharks though ! :shocked:

Sarahx

Guest Guest75

Everything................. Be scared, be very scared...............

Guest Guest75

Found this trying to get into our garage.

Totally harmless

Image059.jpg

We seem to get a few Scorpions around the place, only small.

Image032.jpg

This sucker chased me!!!!

Nothing like an angry Koala!!

Image083.jpg

Guest the Tews

Hi

When we moved in there was a huntsman in the bathroom, redback in the gap of the living room window on the outside and several other huntsmans in the sheds. Also seen few whitetails, no snakes as yet. Just remember to shake your shoes and clothes!!

Just recovering from a supect white tail spider bite on my leg. Spent 4 days in hospital been pumped with antibiotics and 2 weeks of work recovering from the rotting leg the thing left me with. A chance in a million but take extra care I will from now on.

Guest boesman

We have been here just a couple of nights and got our first mother of a huntsman in the kitchen and two nights later again! Two weeks later me and my 5 yr old walked outside brown hill creek camp site and she said "mummy look at the lizzard" It was a brown snake less than a metre away.

Guest cazzie

A cockroach ran down my arm while sitting watching telly - horrible! I saw a brown snake slithering across a road in Hallett Cove into someone's garden. Apart from that, a few lizards, huntsmen and redbacks, but not an everyday thing - thank goodness!