Guest scoobiedad

anyone need a goalie?

Guest scoobiedad

After many years of looking I have finally been offered my dream job in Edwardstown. I hope to start in April but my wife and kids will make the move full time in the summer. I will be flying between England and Oz between now and then.

That is when the real work begins. Does anyone need a 42 year old goalie for five or seven a side football? I can't believe I'll have to hang my gloves up after all these years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MarkIngram

Not sure if you want to play 11-a-side or not. But there is a Masters League in Adelaide for over 35s. It's very well run, very social and with games on Sunday mornings it doesn't interfere in your weekend too much. The team I play for are okay for a goalie but you can get in touch with the league and they can put you in touch with a club.

go to: http://www.leaguewebsite.co.uk/samsl

shame you're not a central defender - we need one of those.

Mark

Guest scoobiedad

Cheers Mark. Played 11 a side a few times recently for an over age team. Got to be better than standing in the pouring down rain and freezing cold over here. played centre -half a few times many years ago but not for about 20 odd years. will look at the link though. cheers for that.

Who's your team Scoobie, I play for Plympton Bulldogs, just wondering who's playing here on PIA and so we could have some banter. also Southern Cross are looking for a Goal keeper, they are trying to prise me away but they can't afford my signing on fee's !!!!

Guest MarkIngram
    Who's your team Scoobie, I play for Plympton Bulldogs, just wondering who's playing here on PIA and so we could have some banter. also Southern Cross are looking for a Goal keeper, they are trying to prise me away but they can't afford my signing on fee's !!!!

I play for Man City Over 35s Ashby....we've had a few injury issues and people retire after our league winning season so were a little light in the defence positions. If you hear of any defenders who are looking for a team then they should give me a shout.