Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guzzler&Sas

Calling All Jam Fans!!!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

http://eventfeed.eventshop.com.au/publi ... temid=5376

I was having a quick surf around the other day looking for some fairy event for my little treasures and found this instead, far more exciting!!!!

If you loved The Jam - believe it or not, two thirds of them are playing Adelaide, yes quiet, sleepy Adelaide in March.

Guzzler and I saw The Gift, which was Rick Butler (drummer for those who don't know!) two years ago in a small club in Scarborough and they were awesome. Obviously now Bruce Foxton has joined and they will be here.

I ordered tickets last week and they were delivered today - so get in quick, for what I know will be an awesome trip down memory lane, excuse to have a few beers and see if you can still move about the floor like we used to!!!!

Cheers

Sas

xxx

Guest Django

What an awesome combo they were. It would be great to see them again. Not sure it would be as good without P.W. but should still be worth it. If I was over there I'd deffo be tagging along.

Enjoy

Pete

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Have a great time... Oh i remeber seeing The jam many many years ago!!

Guest banjo70

I've seen that gig being advertised and I just can't bring myself to go. Without the MODfather there won't just be the essence there.

I feel it's like Queen without Mercury or INXS without Hutchence (sp). Good - but with something missing.

Also sixty bucks a ticket it a little steep IMO. When you can go to the Clipsal 500 on the Sunday for 10 bucks more it does seem rather expensive.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    I've seen that gig being advertised and I just can't bring myself to go. Without the MODfather there won't just be the essence there.

I feel it's like Queen without Mercury or INXS without Hutchence (sp). Good - but with something missing.

Also sixty bucks a ticket it a little steep IMO. When you can go to the Clipsal 500 on the Sunday for 10 bucks more it does seem rather expensive.

Hi,

I agree with you about the price, but I saw Rick Butler 2 years ago with his tribute band The Gift and I thought It was 1979 all over again, appreciate it's not the same without Wellar but The Jam were a true 3 piece band and just not all frontman,

Guzzler

Guest muppetbro

the jam without weller????????????????????????????????????????????

thats like the welsh without their rugby :)

well they were good once ;)

enjoy the jamless

:notworthy:

Guest banjo70
    Hi,

I agree with you about the price, but I saw Rick Butler 2 years ago with his tribute band The Gift and I thought It was 1979 all over again, appreciate it's not the same without Wellar but The Jam were a true 3 piece band and just not all frontman,

Guzzler

I guess I'm just a bit fussy when it comes to bands.

I saw Weller at the RAH a few years ago it was brill, as it was an acousitc set, all the old Jam and Style Council stuff was fantastic.

I hope you enjoy your night - Spurs fan to Spurs fan.

Guest Racht70

What is the music scene like in Adelaide im really into my music and its a big part of my life and will be gutted if i dont get to see/hear bands whether their tribute, the real deal or even new stuff.I like indie brit old/new, also ska/punk the list is endless.

Guest paulocon

Hi, what date is the Jam gig - big fan and seen them several times years ago. We are in Adelaide from the 9th march until the 13th March. Bet its not between these dates is it???

Paul

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Hi, what date is the Jam gig - big fan and seen them several times years ago. We are in Adelaide from the 9th march until the 13th March. Bet its not between these dates is it???

Paul

Hi,

Sorry mate 17th March,

Guzzler

Guest deborah

Don't suppose Kaiser cheifs or Artic monkeys play Adelaide!

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Don't suppose Kaiser cheifs or Artic monkeys play Adelaide!

Hi,

Yes the Arctic Monkeys have but for some unknown reason the Kaisers only played Sydney and Melbourne a few months back NOT happy,

Guzzler

Guest deborah

I saw the Kaiser Chiefs in Sheffield last December and they were fantastic. Don't think I could bear not seeing them ever again!

Jam would be good though.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

not long now - monday 17th - we had a CD on a few nights ago and we were singing away and guzzler was trying to pogo or something similiar! hahaha!

regs

sas