Misplaced

Shipping Companies

Well we have arranged for 5 Shippers to come and give us quotes over the next 3 weeks. Would have preferred it to be over the next few days but alas that was not to be.

We have asked for: -

PSS

White and Co.

John Mason

Robinsons

Pickfords

If anyone has anything to say about these 5 please let me know by PM if it's bad but if it's good just post here.

Also, if anyone has any tips on getting the best quote or what to ask them please let me know.

Cheers,

Mis

Guest the Tews

Hi

We had quotes from PSS, anglo pacific and bonners. Anglo were much more expensive than the others, the other 2 were very similar. We chose Bonners but there was not much difference and they were very good. Packed up in 2 days, in fact too good they packed anything that stood still!! Even had to rescue underwear out of the boxes,lol. Stuff still in transit due to arrive on march 1st then afterr customs etc Grace removals come and unload to the house. All the packing was very well doneand guys friendly.

The only thing that annoyed us was the attachments for the initial quote PSS used, we couldnt open it despite them sending it several times as they were very large. Friends have used PSS and have no complaints, wouldnt have a clue about the others you mention.

Good luck and pack your underwear before they arrive on the day!!

Andrea

Guest neeks

we went with britannia and they we fab,sorted out everything and no complaints,only problem we have is this end as we are still waiting for our container but its not the movers fault its customs etc

We had PSS and couldn't fault them. Their agents in adelaide (Chess) were very helpful too and even came back to collect all the packing cases when we had finished unpacking all our stuff. Had 2 other estimates which were very similar but went with PSS as they were local to us and also our daughter used them for her move 5 years ago (also faultless experience)

Guest leeannekays

We used John Mason and they were brilliant. Gave really good advice about everything we wanted to take. Also informed us pros and cons of taking our car. When the crew came in and packed our belongings they we great. Kept us in the know.

Leeanne

Guest Yankmedownunder

Hi! We hired oti going to Adelaide from the US and they are doing their job, and nothing more. They do answer all emails quickly, and the truck came to drop off our shipping container the exact day and time that they said they would be there. We do hope that quarantine in Adelaide doesn't take too long but, just long enough for us to rent a house. apparently, the storage of a shipping container is spendy. We're hoping to find a cute home in Aldinga. One seems to get more home for the money there, but we'll soon see!!!

Hi, we used John Mason. They were excellent from start to finish and they were the cheapest quote we had as well. Not one thing broken, all arrived on time and Wridgeways in Adelaide were good at this side unpacking everything. When you've decided on a shipper dont use their insurance you get it much cheaper using an independant insurer.

Guest Jennet

we are using john Mason, they were the cheapest so we will see what happens. they get back to you rather prompt

Guest keith&ju

What independent insurers did you use and was it that they just worked out cheaper than the removals company? John Mason quoted a nil excess and were cheaper than Anglo Pacific's insurance.....

Guest keith&ju
    we are using john Mason, they were the cheapest so we will see what happens. they get back to you rather prompt

I had to chase John Mason 2 weeks after they came round for the quote!

Guest leeannekays

We used Letton Percival & Co Ltd. Really good quote.

Leeanne

Guest Jennet
    I had to chase John Mason 2 weeks after they came round for the quote!

oh really they've been really quick getting back to me

I have just had John Mason, Anglo Pacific and White & Co over - both John Mason and Anglo have come back with much the same cubic feet and about 300 pounds difference in price, White & Co came back with 150 cubic feet more and 600 pounds more than John Mason (who have come in cheapest). Both JM and Anglo have been excellent in terms of response to my initial enquiry, coming back with a quote and the guys who came over were really thorough and helpful.

I need to go through the quotes item by item still, and go through the storage options (I will probably need about a month) before I make a decision. All of them quoted 3% of value for insurance but I will look at Letton Percival as they seem a lot cheaper.

Well had White and Co out today and my wife said that they seemed good. No quote yet as was due to come through this afty but alas no email.

Also, had a couple of estate agents round to value the house and it was a little more positive that we thought but the proof will be in selling. Will keep you updated.

Guest Jennet
    Well had White and Co out today and my wife said that they seemed good. No quote yet as was due to come through this afty but alas no email.

Also, had a couple of estate agents round to value the house and it was a little more positive that we thought but the proof will be in selling. Will keep you updated.

they were £500 more than John Mason

Hi Guys,

Just had another Shipper round and they have suggested/advised on a couple of things and i would like to know your thoughts.

Dishwasher - Has anyone taken theirs over? If so, did you find when you got it their that most rental properties/houses had them built in?

Tent - Has anyone taken their tent over? If so, have you found it okay with the climate, do snakes/spiders seem to make their way in easier than say Aussie made tents? Have you found your tent too warm?

Garden Tools - Anyone taken their garden tools spade/rake/hoe etc. What kind of price are they in Oz to replace?

Cheers

Mis

We've had Pickfords, Crown, Pss & Whites round, more or less same price from all, shipping times seem to vary which is going to be the deciding factor for us