Guest Helchops

Question for Catholic school Teachers in South Australia

Guest Helchops

I was looking at some of the criteria that catholic schools require in order to become employed with them.

One thing that they mention is that you need to be apart of a Parish? Is this the same for all catholic schools? Although I was baptised and raised as a catholic, I now no longer practice the religion and haven't been apart of a parish for nearly 13 years. would this go against me if I was to apply for a job in a Catholic school?

Thanks

Carlie

Could you not just put on the form that you are in transition at the moment and haven't yet found a parish - that you are waiting until you are established with a home and a job before joining a church locally?

Guest pixie7

Carlie, I think all Catholic schools are the same they were like that in the UK in Liverpool too- you needed the Priest to give a reference to get a job in Catholic school. Im the same as you Catholic but not a practicing Catholic.... Diane has a good idea though- good luck

I have worked in two catholic primaries as a contract teacher and never needed a priest ref. It has never been asked for and i have never been asked about parish membership either. Not sre if its diff for permanent posts but those are like gold dust anyway so dont worry about it :)

Guest lyn
    I have worked in two catholic primaries as a contract teacher and never needed a priest ref. It has never been asked for and i have never been asked about parish membership either. Not sre if its diff for permanent posts but those are like gold dust anyway so dont worry about it :)

Hi Tigerlily,

How tricky was it to find a teaching job once you'd registered with the SA Teacher Registration Board? Do they have relief teaching agencies you can just sign up with down there like here? Hoping to get some relief teaching/part-time teaching once we're settled and I've registered.

Lyn x