Guest heljay2007

Well, we're doing it

Guest heljay2007

We have been weighing up the pro's and cons of a move to OZ for a while now and have finally decided to give it a try. We have sent OH cv off to a few agencies that have been recommended to us and are hoping for employer sponsorship.

I dont know how I'll feel if it comes to it and I have to leave my family and friends behind but we have decided it is worth a shot as the UK is not working for us and showing no signs of getting any better.

Adelaide is our destination of choice as OH has a friend there who is in the same trade and moved over there 2 years ago and never looked back.

Would love to hear some positive stories from you all about making the move

Cant believe we're actually going for it!!

Congratulations on taking the first step. We made the decision in Sep 2008 and arrived on Jan9th this year and loving it. It can take a while depending on the visa you go for but can also be quite quick if you can get sponsorship.

Good luck.

Chris.

Guest heljay2007
    Congratulations on taking the first step. We made the decision in Sep 2008 and arrived on Jan9th this year and loving it. It can take a while depending on the visa you go for but can also be quite quick if you can get sponsorship.

Good luck.

Chris.

Hi, thanks for the reply. We are in no particular hurry as we are tied into a rental contract here until November so are just dipping our toes in so to speak to see what is out there.

Do you have family? We have a 3 year old and a 12 year old so hoping that schools, lifestyle for the kids will be good.

Yes we have 2 girls aged 4 & 7. They love it here and have settled in really well. Schools seem a little more relaxed here in a good way.