Sign in to follow this  
Guest kamalg

Need your advise - 176 Australian Study Requirement points not awarded

Guest kamalg

Dear Friends

I need your expertise on what has happened to me.

I got SS from Adelaide and applied for the 176 visa in January 2012. I was contacted by my CO today stating that I do not have enough points to meet the pass mark of 65 (was told I only scored 60).

But according to my own calculations I should have scored 65. I got the decision letter from the CO and it seems to me that he missed that I studied in Australia for my Bachelors Degree for 3 years.

I should have gotten 5 points for

Recognition of Australian Study: Minimum two years fulltime (Australian study requirement)

I would like to ask any forum members who have studied in Australia and claimed points for it.

What s going through my head are two scenarios;

1. My CO missed the fact that I studied in Australia for 3 years full time leading to an Australian degree and failed to assign 5 points for that

1. There may be some hidden reason I am not aware of – as far as I know

But looking at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...aust-study.htm

I meet all the requirements to be granted these 5 precious points. Unless there is an expiry date / time limit on claiming points on this (as I finished my degree in 2006 which was 6 years back)

If anyone has claimed points for Australian studies can you please share your thoughts / provide some feedback.

Things were going smoothly and all of a sudden this happens, I am confusednah.gif and depressed wideeyed.gifwideeyed.gifsad.gif.

Thanks guys, I would appreciate any feedback I can get on this

Kamal