Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nicky&Andy

english state pension

Guest Nicky&Andy

:confused:does any one know what happens to your your british state pension, my other half has payed into since leaving school and is now 45, how do you go about getting what youve payed into, we know you can transfer private pensions , but havnt a clue about how you claime for your state pension if you live in oz, any guidence or personal experience would be gratefully recieved

Guest Ray hogan

Hi Nick & Andy,

I have just read your thread on English state pension, to put it simply I believe you have to ask the Works and Pensions Dept to transfer it to a Superannuation scheme in Australia, i.e wqherever you work over there will have a Super fund for their employees,, good luck

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    :confused:does any one know what happens to your your british state pension, my other half has payed into since leaving school and is now 45, how do you go about getting what youve payed into, we know you can transfer private pensions , but havnt a clue about how you claime for your state pension if you live in oz, any guidence or personal experience would be gratefully recieved

Hi,

The British State pension cannot be transfered to Oz, if you contact the Pensions department they will give you a forecast of what you will receive when you get to British retirment age, this will be paid via the UK http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/atozdetailed/rpforecast.asp

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest ali@51

once you have contacted the pensions department you will be told weather or not you have paid in enough to recive a full state pension you can continue to pay at one of 2 rates whilst you are living abroad. you will not however have your contributions protected if you are for example staying at home looking after children. When you recive your pension it will stay at that level for the duration and you will not recive and of the cost of living increases awarded to british pensioners living in briton. hope this helps

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks guys that helps lot, its quite scary when you start to think about all the paper work you have to sort out. simple things like redirecting mail just in case youve forgot something,

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks ray every bit of advice we recieve is gratefully recieved thanks for taking the time to reply