Guest Nige69

plumbing work

Guest Nige69

hello we have been in oz for four weeks now and my hubby is struggling to find work he is willing to try anything but hes a plumber by trade. does anyone no any plumbers that you can put us in contact with.

hello we have been in oz for four weeks now and my hubby is struggling to find work he is willing to try anything but hes a plumber by trade. does anyone no any plumbers that you can put us in contact with.

Hi

My husband is a plumber by trade and we got here in November. He has been working for the last 5 weeks with a small building firm. Can't say he does a lot of plumbing though. It's real mixture of carpentry, tiling, painting and plumbing. If your husband is good at DIY maybe ring up some of the building companies.

The plumbing companies only seem to want to know if you have your full licence and sometimes gas too.

Guest kfoley0681

afraid there is not much plumbing work here at the moment alot of the bigger companies were letting guys go before xmas and quite a few of them still out of work! the company my husband was working for went into liquidation and he lost his job in oct11 and is licenced for plumbing and gas and has applied for jobs but still nothing! good luck to all

Guest bigal

I don't know what suburb you are in, have you considered asking a plumbers merchant near you if you can put a card on their board,they usually have some sort of board near the counter,suppliers with branches around Adelaide- Northern Plumbing,Tradelink,and Reece plumbing supplies, just a suggestion it might be worth a try.

Guest kfoley0681

good suggestion and thtas what we are looking at doing adverising ourselves but im guessing the poster is fairly new to Austrlia so they will not be able to adverise as to be a plumber you need to be fully licencened to be able to work for yourself and that isnt an over night process, it takes a couple of courses to bring you inline with australian regs to work for an employer and most are looking for those with both gas and plumbing licence these days (so if you can afford take the time to get into tafe to do these courses!) and around 2 years to be fully qualifed to australian standards to work for yourself!!! good luck everyone!!