Leeds1877

176 application recvd by DIAC- timescales....

Hi,

Application form and all supporting documents received by DIAC today.

Any ideas how long processing time is and when we should expect to hear from a Case Officer?

Anna

Guest gaz77

my 176 was lodged on the 8th Feb, and got an email from my CO yesterday.

Further info was requested: form 80, proof of 4 yrs work experience, formal request for police and meds.

All my other docs went from "required" to "met".

Hi,

Any ideas how long processing time is and when we should expect to hear from a Case Officer?

Anna

Hi Anna, according to http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Case officers are being allocated within 4 weeks for 176 Online apps.

Once you get a CO it clips along bit more quickly.

Regards

IrishSTew

Does anyone know if we can check progress online for posted application?

Sorry, but as far as I know this is one of the disadvantages of the paper application - you cannot check it.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Heather2011
    Hi,

Anna

We lodged on the 20th Jan and got a CO allocated on the 2nd Feb, additional doc requested which was sent withinn 24 hours, not heard anything else since!

Guest miraclebabycaw

we lodged 1 Feb with DIAC and immediately got back queries asking for our PCC's, medicals etc. We have applied for PCC's and are doing our medicals on 29 March. We have not been allocated a CO as yet...seems like everyone else has ;( . One thing I noticed that when I check https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa it has everything still outstanding but birth certificates, references etc were uploaded by our agent. He has said that it only gets updated when a CO is allocated..is this true?

Hi,

Anna

Hi Anna,

We lodged our 176 on Feb 4th and got the first email from our CO yesterday. As IrishStew said, COs are allocated in 4 weeks. Ours asked for meds, PCC and form 80 for both of us :sad: Lots of work in the form 80! If you haven't filled yours out yet I'd recommend spending the time between now and when you get your CO filling out the one on http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf It's slightly different to the one they ask you to fill but at least you get a head start on it.

Sinead

We sent form 80 in the huge pile of stuff we posted out- we also included 1221 just in case! Both were brutal!

Thought it would e easier to post it all than have to upload everything buy disappointed that can't check online.

Any idea how long we wait before getting SA to send their form confirming state sponsorship?

Guest Heather2011
    We sent form 80 in the huge pile of stuff we posted out- we also included 1221 just in case! Both were brutal!

Thought it would e easier to post it all than have to upload everything buy disappointed that can't check online.

Any idea how long we wait before getting SA to send their form confirming state sponsorship?

Our visa was lodged on 20th Jan and SA emailed on 23rd to say they had fulfilled their requirement. hope this helps...

we lodged 1 Feb with DIAC and immediately got back queries asking for our PCC's, medicals etc. We have applied for PCC's and are doing our medicals on 29 March. We have not been allocated a CO as yet...seems like everyone else has ;( . One thing I noticed that when I check https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa it has everything still outstanding but birth certificates, references etc were uploaded by our agent. He has said that it only gets updated when a CO is allocated..is this true?

We lodged yesterday and got email today with list of documents needed including PCC's and medicals:shocked: i didn't think we would have to get them done so soon, thought a case officer would be allocated first:shocked:

Guest winsonwongsg

hi Mummytummy,

Can i ask you a question? My agent helps me to submit all the require document like form 80, birthcert ... blah blah blah to DIAC, i ask the agent, how can i track the progress online. She told me that i can't track.

Do the DIAC send email to us regards to online tracking or require any other documents?

Winson Wong

Guest Heather2011
    hi Mummytummy,

Can i ask you a question? My agent helps me to submit all the require document like form 80, birthcert ... blah blah blah to DIAC, i ask the agent, how can i track the progress online. She told me that i can't track.

Do the DIAC send email to us regards to online tracking or require any other documents?

Winson Wong

if you lodged your visa on line you can track, just need your TRN number. Not sure about paper applications though...

if you lodged your visa on line you can track, just need your TRN number. Not sure about paper applications though...

Paper Applications can't be tracked online. Sorry :(!

Guest winsonwongsg

What if there need any additional document? Will there email us, since we can't track the progress online if paper application had been made.

Guest winsonwongsg

i got a reply from my agent that it will takes 3 to 4 months for the DIAC to get back to us. Since i got an agent to do it, all the documents are send. I guess the next reply from DIAC would be requesting for police clearance and medical. :)

So, for people like me sending to DIAC via posting (paper application), i guess we sit and relax. Save more money to prepare for the next steps. :)

Winson Wong

I am wondering whether I need to just be more patient or to start worrying! Our meds and police checks were all done 20/01/12 and form 80 (the last bit of info needed) was uploaded on 2nd Feb.....and we have not heard a thing since....it seemed like in the build up to xmas 176s were getting granted pretty darn quickly (within a few weeks) of all docs being received so I am getting a bit jumpy that it feels like nothing is happening.

I know our CO (or someone else from DIAC) spoke to my manager 3 weeks ago to check employment refs but that was the last thing I heard. All of our docs on the online tracker are marked as 'received' and meds are listed as 'finalised' so I am hoping we are nearly there and nothing else is wrong. I really thought once everything was in it would be fairly quick. Running out of fingernails to bite.

Guest hanciely

hi

i am having my fingers crossed ....... applied for 176 in feb 2012

We are getting frustrated too.....our fee was taken on 24/2 so we know that the form has arrived.

Our problem is that we have been chasing for a reference for SA since then....and have today on our fourth request been told that our email address does not match the one on the form ...(meaning that someone must have input it incorrectly when it was lodged at their end)

We now have to complete a change of details form and post it off...aaaaaaaargh!

Oh well.....what's one more form!!

Hi-

Our change of details form was sent by dhl on Friday- expect an email confirming reference in next few days and then we can let SA know...

We want to go end of march next year so a few more weeks this end shouldn't hurt as we are waiting on a CO anyway...

Any news your end?

Guest hanciely

Nothing on my side.......... counting each and every second.................

Guest hanciely

hi leeds......

is there anything happening...............

Hi- we have all the reference numbers that we need and have passed on to SA last week to send their confirmation. Am expecting a case officer any day now as today is four weeks since we lodged.....

How are things with you? It's just a waiting game but it's hard isn't it.........a