Guest mel blinkhorn

At 48yrs Old Iam I To Old To Emigrate?

Guest mel blinkhorn

because i am over 45 years (48)old what other ways are there to use to emigrate to oz, or iam I wasting my time? Cheers Mel

from my understanding they rarely say never! If you can get a sponsership from employer or can prove that you are able to support yourself financially there are other classes of visas to give you at least temp visas then after a few years you could apply for permanent

because i am over 45 years (48)old what other ways are there to use to emigrate to oz, or iam I wasting my time? Cheers Mel

Hi Mel

What is your occupation? If it is on the MODL, your age will not count against you although, as Ian says, you would have to look at Employer Nominated visas.

Pease see the following links:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books5.htm

Cheers

Gill

If you currently run a successful UK business that meets turnover - you could look at the Buisness Owner Visa as an option - I beleive age limit on this is 55.

If you currently run a successful UK business that meets turnover - you could look at the Buisness Owner Visa as an option - I beleive age limit on this is 55.

Hi Foxychick

I don't know anything meaningful about business skills visas but I believe you are right.

Good thinking. Well done.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Greg and Karen

Or you could move to New Zealand, which I believe accepts skilled workers up to age 49 and when I last looked does not discriminate on the basis of age (i.e. you don't lose 5 points every five years).

Its been a while since I looked tho'....