Guest chris.cluderay

the mayo is horrible

Guest chris.cluderay

does anyone no a mayo that is similar to hellmans and dosnt taste like its got a bag of sugar in it ???

Guest chris.cluderay

Thanks ffi

can i get that in foodland or woolys or coles ??

just on a whim, do you no any carpentry jobs going ??

thanks Chris

I agree. In Coles, they are now doing Hellmans Mayo, is abou t$6 but so worth it. If don't fancy paying that much, Whole Egg, not the Praise one just Whole Egg is a pretty good close.

Niki

also - do you do roof trusses? - we may have a job if so (in planning stages at mo)

Guest chris.cluderay

I have been here for around a month and im looking for a job. i got 18yrs experience ( in roofing as well )

i got a white card and tax file number, i tried to get a ABN number but it says i have to have my own business

first.... but i cant trade without one its so frustrating !!!:wacko:

Agree - S&W Whole egg real may is good. Sometimes it is hidden on a lower shelf but you get it everywhere. Look for mayo that doesn't have sugar as the 1st (biggest) ingredient.

Guest Woody and Jane

hey... try best foods mayo its not sweet , not too bad and cheaper than some.

Guest Sachertorte

If you like mayo so much why not get yourselves a Bamix- put all the ingredients in the Bamix jar and wheeez....it is a 10 seconds thing! One agg and 200 ml of oil make huge amounts. The jar comes with a snap on lid so you can store the whole thing in the fridge. Voila :smile:

Ive tried loads too.. Hellmanns is sold in most coles and woolworths now.. (its with the other mayonaises, not the UK bit) .

'Best Foods' mayonnaise is the closest Ive found but as its about the same price,so i always opt for Hellmanns

Hellmanns may be approx $6, but all the other horrible ones are about $4.50-$5.90 anyway... You are better paying out for something you know you'll like rather than trying all the others only to throw them away!!!

I have been here for around a month and im looking for a job. i got 18yrs experience ( in roofing as well )

i got a white card and tax file number, i tried to get a ABN number but it says i have to have my own business

first.... but i cant trade without one its so frustrating !!!:wacko:

If you haven't tried the OCBA http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/businessadvice/index.html re business information then try that they will give you a lot of good information and point you in the right direction so you can start up. (As you have correctly found out the Australian Tax Office only deals with giving you an ABN number once you have the business.) BTW Thanks for the tip on the Mayo -we've tried a few and nothing has hit the spot, so will go to Coles to try the Hellmans one.

Guest Barney Rubble

Not mayonaise but mint sauce.

I got back in November and the missus tells me my sainsbury's mint sauce is out of date (previous visitors care package = accomodation :smile: deal ) i was mortified :arghh:

Admittedly it is a concentrate but the stuff here is all vinegar or jelly, can hold out for a few more weeks but may need to bribe some pending new arrivals :policeman:

I got back in November and the missus tells me my sainsbury's mint sauce is out of date (previous visitors care package = accomodation :smile: deal ) i was mortified :arghh:

Admittedly it is a concentrate but the stuff here is all vinegar or jelly, can hold out for a few more weeks but may need to bribe some pending new arrivals :policeman:

They do it in Foodland and the lolly shop but depends on how much you want to pay. We got my mil last year to bring Colmans everything :biggrin:

Hellmans at Coles in continental aisle. think it got missed somewhere in the post

I don't know where abouts you're living but at "Adelaide Fruitiers" on South Road , Morphett Vale have Hellmans on special this week at $3.99 i think. I for one was jumping for joy and stocked up with 3 of em hehehe.

They sell Hellmans at the Central Market. First Isle on the left if you go infrom Gouger St. Its the Polish stall and its $3 a jar I believe. I have to say tho that the Praise whole egg tastes just the same

Karen

Guest Tterrier81

coles sell colemans mint sauce in there english section and the butchers at southgate also sell it and so do the continental place at collanades

Remind me next year. I'll pack you a jar :cute:

Guest Barney Rubble

Thanks niknjas, Tterrier81, :cute:

looks like i'll have to head down south 'to do a quote' and stock up until snifter gets here !

Which lolly shop though ?

Often get forced into the one in the city but didn't even think to ask for mint sauce.

The last care package was also by MIL, make her 3 month visit a little more tollerable.

:skeptical:

Guest Sachertorte

Beerenberg sauces are really good. They also do a good mint sauce. I found it in Foodland but you should find it in other supermarkets too.

Beerenberg sauces are really good. They also do a good mint sauce. I found it in Foodland but you should find it in other supermarkets too.

Oooo I like their ketchup and conserve. Gets my vote

Guest Dizzy

you can buy Uk Colemans mint sauce in Coles, in the ''speciality'' isle, think it's around $4.50